Um yeah I need advice like now??

Basically, like two years ago I met this guy. He worked as a cleaner in my college and because I used to have to go in early because of the bus, we got talking because we like the same music. We talked nearly very morning and he was a nice person, but he seemed to be telling an awful lot of stories that involved him being drunk and stuff. I thought he was just showing off, as guys do, and left him too it. He also made some pretty nasty jokes about things that just weren't funny, and it kind of annoyed me. Then one day out of the blue he told me that he really liked me and wanted to date me. I just saw him as a friend, so I was pretty mortified. I was nice about it and told him that I only saw him as a friend and that I didn't think our relationship would go like that. He said he was fine about it but I felt awkward around him after that so I decided to drift apart from him.

Then suddenly today he messages me on Facebook. He said that he had a drinking problem and has been sober for over 200 days, and that I was the reason that he wanted to be sober. He also said that he had some anxiety problems, which he knew that I had, and he was drinking to make himself feel better. He also said sorry for making me uncomfortable and for making the jokes that he did. He also said that he was sorry for being a dick about me liking Black Veil Brides (which I don't even really like anymore) and he said thank you for introducing him to A7X.

It gets worse when he says that he hopes they find a cure for my anxiety and that he wishes me a happy life if I don't want to talk to him anymore.

I just feel really guilty right now. I think that I should message him back and congratulate him for being sober, but I don't know that if I do that I might lead him on again. I could just be honest with him and say that I don't ever see us getting together and that I would still like to be friends with him, it was really nice talking to someone who had a similar taste in music to me.

My family think I should just ignore him but I don't know if I can because he said that he got sober because of me.

Urghh I am so conflicted right now.
May 9th, 2013 at 09:51pm