I almost became that "fan" today.

I'm sure you guys know of "That 'fan'" The person who apparently has undying love for a band or a musician, goes to their shows, etc, but when said band or musician cancels a show due to illness or something out of their control...said "fan" turns into a rabid dog and turns into a hater. Jesus, I almost became "That 'fan'" today only due to being so emotional and hormonal.

I had been looking forward to tomorrow for a month and a half now. Even more so about a month ago when the news about it got even better. Going to a show tomorrow evening, at first it was to see the band Like A Storm who are headlining. It got even better when my [sort of] buddies announced that their band Fist To The Sky announced that they were opening that show.

I was so excited because I'd get to hang with them again and watch them play, and support them because they don't have a really huge following of fans yet. They're just local to Chicago right now, but they bust their little asses to get shows and to spread the word of their music, as well as their close following (myself included). They're super awesome guys. Hilarious as hell, very nice, and THEY GIVE GREAT HUGS!!

Now after the week I've been having, I was just so glad that the show was coming. It's been an emotionally taxing week for me. PMS is making me hormonal and irate, with people trying to test my temper. When I get PMS, I swear I'm bi-polar, and can be a huge bitch.

Then while already pissed off and bummed as second break at work comes along, I see a Facebook message. It's from one of the guys... Hey Lisa, I just wanted to personally let you know that due to Mickey (The band has their own stage names like Avenged Sevenfold do. Teehee) still not being able to sing we aren't able to play the show at the tilted kilt I really hope to see you soon tho at a show where u will get the FULL FTTS experience!!! (Cause the one time I'd gone to see them actually for them, the venue was a room the size of my bedroom, didn't even have a stage, and had a 50 person capacity where 90% of the crowd was the bands that were playing with their significant others ::lmfao: )

We are going to release a statement soon but I wanted to let you know ahead of time. Thanks for all the support Lisa we will see you soon!!

-_______________________- Because my day wasn't shitty enough...I came so close to turning into one of those rabid beasts saying something like "Really? That's just fucked up. I was so looking forward to the show, and now I'm even more bummed." Because when I get angry, I say a lot of things I regret.

I didn't though. I calmed my tits and said "It's a bummer, but its' understandable. What's important is that he gets better!" Poor guy is suffering a throat infection. =/ They've been in the studio all week and I don't think they've even tracked vocals yet because of it.

I should've asked if any of them were going to be attending the show regardless, but I didn't. I suppose I will find out if I see any of them around tomorrow night. I got a little bit of win out of it though. I'm still seeing Like A Storm, and now I can focus on seeing them and meeting them (and hearing them talk in their sexy New Zealand accents ::naughty: ) because a co-worker of mine is going to the show, and the guys in the band are buddies with him. Hahaha.
May 11th, 2013 at 04:00am