Writer's Club

Yesterday from 6:00 to 8:00, I went to a "Writer's Club" that I quickly fell in love with. Let's back up for a second. A friend of mine from church shares almost every interest that I have with me.We both are in the same fandoms and feel the same feels. We also both have an intense fondness for writing. That is why she asked me to come with her to a library event at her community library. She lives about two towns over, and my library is 20 yards from my house which has me very attached to it. This all lead to me being completely nervous about going to it. I was afraid that the people there wouldn't like me because of how awkward I am. I also have a tendency to laugh, a lot. I mean once I start, it is almost impossible to stop.

But, I went, and I had more fun than I ever would have imagined. The entirety of writer's club consists of someone coming up with a story starter. These are basically just first sentences of stories. The ones we used were, "Rainbows and unicorns-- where the heck am I?" and "I somehow feel I've lost control of the situation." Then, you get fifteen minutes to write a story based around the first sentence. Even though it was my first time, I managed to finish two stories. They were both insane and a little hilarious. That went for the rest of them, and I knew this because when the fifteen minutes were up, it was time to read aloud our stories. Each person brought to the group their own skills, and everyone got to share their work. How I wish all of them had Mibba accounts.

Anyhow, it was a blast and I can’t wait to do it again. The question I want to ask anyone who reads this is should I write down the stories that I wrote on my account? They would be a quick, fun read. Leave your responses in the comments!
May 11th, 2013 at 08:25pm