Rubik's Cube

Life is a Rubik’s cube; very few can figure out theirs quicker than others, some solve theirs in time, and the rest just don’t bother. I managed to decipher one side of my life: high school. I graduated; I didn’t falter and flunk out, or have to repeat. I have achieved one out of six parts of my life.

1. Graduate High School
2. Graduate College
3. Have a Successful Career
4. Get Engaged & Married
5. Develop Family
6. Relish My Fruitful Life

I observe the cube, knowing what it’s supposed to look like in the end. This puzzle meant to be resolved, but not necessarily in a particular order or time limit. I may speak of future plans, but I never really seek.

I speak of the future and it results me sharing little details. It feels like it’s too much effort to think or even talk of the future. It drains my inner being, and I don’t know why. Even typing it down makes me feel exhausted to explain.

Since I have recently switched what I want to do with my life, I had talk to the director of the library I now work at. He rambled on about the Associates, Bachelor, and Master Degrees and librarian classes that I would need to take if I wished to work on my education (towards becoming a librarian or director). Then, it came to me telling my academic advisor about me going for an Associate’s Degree, she asked if it was for general studies or if I wanted to go more towards English. Seriously, why does it have to be so complicated? Why can’t anyone just tell you what you need to do to get somewhere? A straight, direct answer. I’m begging you.

No, Life has to be a Rubik’s cube to muddle up your mind. When you believe you concluded on an answer it suddenly becomes unresolved. It’s like algebra all over again, or it’s trying to go back figuring out a side of your Rubik’s cube.

As for slowly figuring out the sides of a Rubik’s cube, I have recently spoke of one of them with someone extraordinary special. The side that I’m ever so impatient to resolve is Get Engaged & Married. I’m not certain why I want to complete it in a hurry, since I’m young. It’s more of a, “I kind of don’t want to wait five or plus years until that Disney day comes.” Since we have already discussed about it, and he planned it out after we finish our schooling. It’s understandable; it’s the puzzle, or picture, what it’s meant to look like. Then again, there is no time limit when it comes to a puzzle. I guess we’ll just have to wait.

Life is probably the worst thing to give to an impatient person because you always, always have to wait for an outcome. No matter what the plan, the choice, or event. I’m just grateful that I have survived past one side of my Rubik’s cube.
May 13th, 2013 at 05:19am