Your Moments of Weakness Don't Define You, but They Sure as Hell Make You Strong

As I write this I feel like shit. I've just had a monstrous spew, I've been feeling shitty all day. I haven't been able to go the the gym all week (it's killing me). I've got a bunch of shit piling up and I feel overwhelmed. But like fuck I'm going to let that be me. I feel terrible, I can't go to my usual outlet of picking up heavy shit at the gym with loud music blasting in my ears. So this will have to do.

I'm sick of people letting bad circumstances defeat them. Sure what I'm going through may not seem like much compared to some (there's more than I stated), but that's not the point. We don't get strong through good times. We learn nothing from shit going right. It's when we've been broken down and destroyed that we learn who we are and how hard we can push to do something about it. You're only defeated when you decide you are. Life hits you hard, you hit it back straight away with just as much intensity. You need to treat it like a fight. If some dude punches me, I'll sure as fuck hit him back, as hard or harder.

So often on here and elsewhere I see people "venting". Then doing nothing about it. Fuck that mate. If you "vent" and then choose to do nothing to improve your situation you're just writing out a list of complaints and whinging like a little girl. Harden up and move forward. Doesn't matter what your circumstance is, you should be doing everything in your power to improve your situation. Ever noticed how bad shit always happens to good people? Ever think that they're good people because of all the bad shit they've been humbled by?

A bad day doesn't mean you have depression. A fight with your parents doesn't mean they hate you. One rejection from the opposite sex (or same sex if that's how you roll) doesn't mean you're "forever alone".

Anyway, I feel like shit, I've had to stop writing this to go throw up more than once. I'm going to go watch Mike Tyson fights and hopefully fall asleep. I'll leave you with a quote that I quite like from a man I quite like:

"When doubt seeps in you've got two roads, you can take either road. You can go to the left or you can go to the right and believe me, they'll tell you that failure is not an option. That is ridiculous, failure is always an option. Failure is the most readily available option at all times, but it's a choice. You can choose to fail or you can choose to succeed. And if we can plant seeds and let him know 'move your feet, keep your hands up, stay off the bottom', that is the road to victory. Or, self doubt and negative talk, and that is the road to failure. But failure is always there and it's okay to recognize that." - Chael Sonnen.
May 14th, 2013 at 12:45pm