Depression and what it seems like to me.

Okay so as you guys can see, I love to blog and get my opinions out there to everybody. This blog is about depression. Depression can come from anything at all. Bullying, breakups, failure, divorce, anything at all. You see, depression isn't a one day thing, or a couple of days. Its not depression unless the sad feeling continues to stay there. It's hard to explain what it feels like. Its not fun that's forsure. You are constantly feeling empty, like something is missing, and your always thinking about whatever is making you depressed. When I became depressed, which was last year in May, it was over my best friend's death. I was already upset because I was not going to the school I wanted to go to, and everything just really sucked there for me. I did have some good times, but majority of it was hell. My grades sucked, and everyone always seemed to have some problem with me, when I did nothing at all I promise you. All that was adding up, plus the guy I was in love with who was my best friend, didn't feel the same way back because before that he did. So I hopped on that train at the wrong time. But anyways, when my friend died, that's when it all went tumbling downhill. We hadn't been keeping in touch for awhile, and I was thinking about calling her. The day she died, I remember telling my mom, someone I know is going to die today. I feel it. And I didn't know if that was really going to happen, but sure enough the next day, I found out the news. Now, I didn't get depressed right away. Yes, I was really upset, but I wasn't depressed yet. She passed away in April. As soon as May 1st came, depression hit. Things were getting too much for me. I kept balling my eyes out every night, and eventually I had suicidal thoughts. I even attempted suicide. Of course, now I realize that could have been the worst mistake of my life. I have a very good life to look forward to, and use the talents that God blessed me with. People with depression don't realize that things eventually get better. Even if it feels like it never will, it will change. It can only last for a certain period of time. I can almost guarantee that things will get better. Depression is one of the leading causes of death nowadays. Its a really serious situation, and if you or anyone else you know is showing symptoms of it you should go seek professional help or recommend it to that person.

Here are some national hotlines you or someone else you know can call if they need someone to talk to;
1-800-SUICIDE
1-800-784-2433

1-800-273-TALK
1-800-273-8255

Please don't hesitate to call
May 15th, 2013 at 05:11pm