Tattoos and piercings

I woke up this morning and for the first time since I got my industrial pierced on Saturday, it doesn't hurt. I'm so thankful for when my piercings reach this point in the healing process. I love my piercings no matter what and I've never regretted getting one but the healing process is a pain in the ass sometimes. Nevertheless, I would love to be able to subject myself to more pain in order to get more piercings. Alas, though, I've chosen a career where visible facial piercings keep you from getting a job. Sad day.

Growing up, I looked up to my sister. She was my world. What does this have to do with tattoos and piercings, you ask? My sister wanted to get her tongue pierced so badly as a teenager. She begged my parents for years to let her get it done but to no avail. Finally, she got it pierced without their permission on her 18th birthday...you can imagine how well that went over. As soon as she got it pierced, I decided I had to have it done, too. So, at 11 years old, I made a promise to myself that I would one day pierce my tongue. I also wanted to get eyebrow, labret, helix, and industrial piercings.

As of today, I've gotten most of the piercings I wanted as a teenager. I've long since decided I don't want to pierce my eyebrow. I also decided I would much rather have a lip piercing instead of a labret piercing (although Jimmy's labret was adorable). Then, I decided why have just one lip piercing when I could have snakebites? They are incredibly hot. I mean, I would kill to have been able to nibble on ZV's snakebites. I wish he would put them back in, dammit!

I've also played around with the idea of a septum piercing. I think they are so cute! However, I'm pretty sure no one would hire me as a pharmacist if I had one, even if I hid it. *Sigh*

I'm going to rant here for a second. It is absolutely ridiculous that in this day and age, I can't have visible tattoos and/or piercings without worrying about being able to find a career. Tattoos and piercings are a way for me to express myself. They are for me, not anyone else. Therefore, they aren't anyone else's business. Yet, I can't get the piercings I want because I want to be employed some day. Grrrrr. Just because I have tattoos and piercings doesn't mean I'm irresponsible!

Enough venting...here's a recap of the piercings I have:
-Helix in left ear
-Two ear lobe piercings in each ear, with the bottom hole stretched to a 8 g (hoping to get to a 2 g after I get a job)
-Industrial in right ear
-Tongue (removed because of rejection)
-Tragus (removed because of rejection)

Here's the piercings I wish I had:
-Inner conch
-Forward helix
-Rook
-Snakebites
-Septum
-Tragus (yes, I miss my tragus piercing despite the rejection issues I had)

Now to the business of tattoos. When my sister begged my parents to let her get her tongue pierced, they told her that she had their permission to get a tattoo, but not a piercing. I'm not sure how that works, considering a tattoo is a lot more permanent than a piercing. My mom wanted tattoos, so maybe that's why she was cool with her getting a tattoo but no piercing. Regardless, I grew up wanting tattoos as well as piercings.

In high school, I was obsessed with anything and everything to do with the 1950s. I loved Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, pin-up girls, and cherries. I wanted so badly to have a Marilyn Monroe portrait tattoo, a Marilyn Monroe signature tattoo, and a cherry tattoo. Now that I've grown up, I still love all those things. I still want a Marilyn portrait tattoo...only I want the VU zombie Marilyn. I'd still get a tattoo of her signature, too. I'm not so keen on the idea of a cherry tattoo anymore, though. Those are way overdone now.

I currently have only one tattoo. Sad, I know. It is a black star on the inside of my left wrist. Yes, it is very visible to the public. It is pretty big. I got it on a whim one day when my best friend was going to get her first tattoo. I had just sold back my textbooks from my first semester of college and I had money so I thought, "why not?" Although I would never regret getting it done, I do wish I had put more thought into it. Not only is it clearly visible (which makes me worry about getting a job), but it really doesn't have a meaning. I'm not saying that all tattoos need to mean something to the person they are on. They don't, in my opinion. However, as my first tattoo, I kinda wish it had a meaning to me. Or maybe just that it was more badass. Who knows.

I do have plans to get many many more tattoos. You may wonder why I haven't gotten more tattoos (you may not give a damn, but I'm going to tell you either way). After all, they can be pretty addictive once you get one. First of all, I've been a broke ass college student since I got the first one. I was a broke undergrad student for 4 years, and I've been a broke pharmacy school student for the past 3 years. I cannot wait to make some decent money. Secondly, after my rejection issues with my tongue and tragus piercings, I was very nervous about getting any more body modifications. In fact, I started stretching my ears because I thought that was the body mod with the lowest likelihood of issues. By the way, I haven't had any problems with stretching- but I go to my piercer to get it done.

Now that I've stretched my ears to a 8 g from an 18 g and I've gotten my second lobe holes and industrial without too many issues (my industrial is still fairly swollen), I'm ready to get more tattoos. I'm pretty confident now that I won't have the same hypertrophic scarring with a tattoo that I had with my tragus piercing.

So here's the list of tattoos I currently want:
-Deathbat
-foREVer
-A7X
-The skeleton couple from A Little Piece of Heaven
-Script: "Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost"
-Script: "How do I live without the ones I love?"
-Script: "I love you. You were ready. The pain is strong and urges rise. But I'll see you when it lets me. Your pain is gone, your hands untied"
-Script: "Nothing lasts forever, for all good things it's true. I'd rather trade it all, while somehow saving you"
-Script: "I hope it's worth it, what's left behind me, yeah. I know you'll find your own way, when I'm not with you."
-Script: "I don't believe in fairytales and no one wants to go to hell"
-Zombie pin-up girl
-Vengeance University zombie Marilyn Monroe portrait
-Vengeance University switchblade
-Zombie Disney princesses
-Zombie Belle and Beast- think the classic scene with Belle in the yellow ballgown
-Hello Kitty
-Candy Land theme- with Queen Frostine surrounded by candies
-Ankle tats: skull with a Hello Kitty bow, heart, anchor, and captain's wheel- the anchor and captain's wheel are an homage to my alma mater
-Rx symbol with script: "Just what the doctor ordered"
-Itty bitty bats
-Leopard print filler- yes, I'm aware that ZV has leopard print filler, too. I just so happen to love leopard print almost as much as I love zombies and skulls.

So...yea. I didn't realize this was going to be such a long post until I actually wrote it. I'm sure I'll add things I want. The list of tattoos and piercings I want never seems to get shorter.

Have a fabulous day <3
May 17th, 2013 at 04:26pm