Is it too late for an Audrey appreciation blog?

Of course not! It's always the right time to appreciate Audrey! Plus it hasn't been a week yet so wooo!

I don't normally post blogs (sup Mibba bloggers?) but I had to to express my fondness for Audrey. Audrey already has a busy life without Mibba at all, and she's probably one of the busiest people on Mibba. For a long time she and Kurtni were the only admins on the site (Dujo doesn't count; as overlord he doesn't get involved in much of the day-to-day admin stuff), and then when Kurtni left around the new year it was just. Audrey. Until Nicole and Katie got made admins a few weeks ago, Audrey had to do everything.

But what's most amazing about Audrey is that she's always gone above and beyond. When I first became a board mod, I was basically confused by everything. Audrey was always super patient with answering my questions (and still is because I still frequently have questions, shh). She's like that with everyone – she settles questions for story editors, poem editors, article editors, blog moderators, and now beta readers all the time. She does all kinds of work on the Mag and supervises + has a hand in every staff-based effort to improve the site. When we get need new staff, Audrey reviews applications, makes tough decisions, notifies people, and then moderates them (ie does a chunk of their work) while they're in their trial phase and don't have access to their powers yet. She's created or helped create a ton of resources for the site; both our lovely Knowledge Base (which you should all check out because the staff has put a ton of work into it and it's super useful) and tutorials for the staff on how to do their jobs – and she's also written bunches of tutorials on crafts + recipes just 'cause she's great. And she does it all without breaking a sweat (probably. Disclaimer: I do not actually know how sweaty Audrey is or isn't.) She's basically a super-hero, powers included. (Seriously though, Audrey's an admin so she has ALL THE POWERS. Except the Dujo powers but again Dujo doesn't count.)

Audrey kicks butt at just being a regular user, too: she's a wonderful writer, she helps out users whenever she can, and she's just overall a smart, kind person. Any time Audrey posts her opinion in a discussion thread, I know I'm going to read something well-written and level-headed.

Audrey intimidated the crap out of me for a long time and still does a teensy bit because of all the things I just listed. But she's very sweet and approachable, even to people who creepily admire her from afar as I clearly do. She's even complimented me a time or two which is a very magical experience.

So in conclusion,
Image
Here's to Audrey.
Image
Please accept this showering of love,
Image
and try not to be too creeped out by it.
May 18th, 2013 at 07:03am