Tiptoeing On Mibba. The Ugly Truth.

Some of you may find this blog controversial, but I am past worrying about that. I would be lying if I said that I didn't care what other people think, because I do to an extent. We all want people to like us or understand our points of view. In the past few months I have noticed a trend I guess you could call it when it comes to blogs and blogs alone on this site.

It seems that no matter what you say or how you word something, there is always those few people every time who feel the need to drop by and try to nit pick at what you said or twist your words around. I'm wondering if these people just wake up every day and do this deliberately? It would seem so, but I could be wrong. I could be wrong about a lot of things and I don't claim to know everything. Keep that in mind.

I will go out of my way to explain that I am not BASHING or ridiculing the subject I post about. I even go to the lengths of stating that I try to see and think of other people's points of view on the matters before posting my own, but you know what? None of that matters at all.

People stop by and still say something negative on purpose. It's like they are purposely trying to be difficult and smug honestly. I can not help what other users comment on my blog. That is their business and does not reflect my opinions at all unless I am agreeing with them, but even then, I am selective with my words because those "nit pickers" are always watching. Always waiting for a chance to put in their two cents. That's fine and all, but it is getting really old.

While I do get tired of having to explain myself in everything that I say on this site, I will not shut up. I will not quiet my voice just because people take it upon themselves to purposely try and "make waves" with everyone.

I am a person and have a voice. As long as what I say follows Mibba rules and guidelines, then I will keep talking. I will keep posting my feelings because it is my choice and my right. You may choose to keep scrutinizing every.little.thing that I say and that's fine. That may be your right too, but I choose to overlook your comments in the future starting today. Ignoring people may not seem like the right way to deal with things I'll admit, but sometimes it is better to bite your tongue than to fan the flame with some people.

I've posted several blogs covering the issue that a lot of us Mibbians have to tip toe around what we say and walk on eggshells constantly. Some people may ask me why I still even bother when it's become such a hassle. Well, I'll tell you why. I still love this site and despite it's problems and people with sometimes negative attitudes, I still believe in this site. It can still be used for good and still is on a daily basis.

We all make friends here and this site gives us a chance to form lasting friendships with new people. I've met some truly wonderful people off of here. If I have to put up with some not so wonderful people in the process, then so be it. There are good and bad people everywhere and I accept that and am aware. This site also allows us to read some really great writing from various authors. Mibba brings people from all walks of life together and helps us to share common interests.

I'm saying that while some of us feel (and I'm not alone in this) that this site has broken off into clicks and is basically formed into a popularity contest, the rest of us stick it out because there still are some good people on here. People who only try to lift others up instead of tearing them down.

I will not sit idly by and watch people treat other people poorly for the sake of their own amusement. Yes I may ignore people who try to treat me poorly, strictly for the fact as I stated, if you don't give them an inch to get under your skin, then they can't take a mile. I've often stated in my blogs as a warning that a lot of what I say can be taken as a contradiction, but people still try to act like I'm self righteous. I am not trying to be that way. I am just simply trying to fucking state my opinion without having to look over my shoulder every damn time worrying that someone else is gonna try to talk shit to me over what I've said.

I mean how much more am I going to have to spell things out for people? I explain things in the most simple way that I can. I am NOT TRYING TO be mean when I post my opinions. Maybe if people slowed down and actually read more of what I say instead of jumping at the chance to bitch me out, they might learn something. I do not sit on here all day and read blogs JUST to go comment with something negative. That's not right in my opinion. Even if I don't agree with what they've said, I'll tell them I can see their point and then I will in a very nice way, leave my opinion.

I posted a blog last night about MY (this is the key word here) MY opinion on the band One Direction. I took extra measures to state that while they are not my thing, that I still respect people who like them. I didn't make any on purpose attempts at bashing them as a band, but people still took their comments too far and decided to go on the defensive. That's fine. Defending what you like is fine, but I never said any negative thing about the band in a cruel way.

That's why it takes me back to people just being ready to start wars with people if they even think for the tiniest second someone else is trying to say something negative about their personal interests. Honestly it has become a petty fight among people. We shouldn't be fighting on here. I know that it will still go on despite what I say, but we could be doing other things instead of looking for wars with each other.

If what you've said has ever been ridiculed or you've been talked down to for stating your opinion, then I want to tell you something. Do NOT stop posting your opinions. Make them known. Don't be afraid and feel like you have to live in the shadows because of what some people will say to hurt you. There will ALWAYS be those people out there who jump at the chance to be hurtful. You have to look past these people and realize that they aren't worth your time and shouldn't take away or make you feel like less of a person because of it. You are your own person and have the right to say what you want to. So do they, but that doesn't mean you have to take any discrimination.

I am not claiming to be some great leader or anything like that, but I'm taking a stand for the people who have silenced themselves in fear of having what they spoke in honesty being drug through the mud so to speak. I will continue to speak my mind and try my best to overlook negative feedback from now on. I won't let these people get under my skin anymore because in reality, that's all that half of them are trying to do. They would never come out and say it rightly, but I'm not blind to it and neither are a lot of people.

People like different things. People like different bands. People don't always like the bands or things that other people do but people can still discuss that they don't like it in a way that isn't hurtful or offensive. We all need to remember that. Myself included.

So as I've stated, you may not like me for speaking my mind and that's fine. I may not like you for speaking yours and I may just choose to ignore your comments if I find them offensive, as should you mine if you feel that way. I know for a fact that there are people on this site that probably don't like me. Do I lose sleep over it? No? Did what they say bother me enough to inspire me to write this blog? Not entirely. I've written this to point out that negativity and hateful bashing still goes on just when people try to speak their mind on nearly any topic and it shouldn't be that way.

I know there will be people who won't like me in life. We all deal with that fact. I'm not going to worry about it constantly because there are still tons of people who like me as a person and see me for me instead of just instantly judging me. People do that a lot. Judge people without getting to know them. That's why I specifically stated in my One Direction blog that I wasn't going to hate on One Direction because my tastes might change and I may end up liking them in the future. See how that works? I didn't judge the band because I don't know what they are about entirely at the time.

I know that there are people out there who agree with me on some of the things I've said. They don't have to openly admit it, but I've watched things go on, on this site and it doesn't take a genius to read people or their intentions. I've seen tons of blogs from people about how they are scared to post their real opinion because of what other people will say or pick apart.

So if you take anything from this, I am not only posting this to stand up for myself but for you too if you've ever felt any of the things I've stated here today. Please don't sit back and stop telling the world how you feel about things. We shouldn't have to fear oppression or limit the things we say when it's just our opinion and not something that is just plain negative. Don't be afraid. Just look past negative feedback and the people who try to bring you down. You know your intentions and how you mean things and if they don't choose to understand, that is their problem.

I know I will get hate mail and probably some negative comments in response to this, but that is fine. I've come to expect it but it still doesn't change my views on things or detour my own personal opinions. I'm done sugar coating my thoughts in fear that people will take them wrong because, sadly, they will always do it so I'm just going to press on and keep being true to myself no matter what. There are people who know the real me and respect me for it and that is just enough for me. At the end of the day if I'm guilty of anything, it's just being honest and not filtering what I've said because out of fear of other people.

Please keep in mind that I am not saying any of this in a preachy manner. I am stating these things humbly in hopes that it might help someone who has been discriminated against. My intentions are good and even though I may not have described or debated them the best way, I still initially meant well.
May 18th, 2013 at 05:37pm