3. JashinistExperience - Taking Every Opprotunity

Today has been an excellent day for me. It almost feels like destiny that I became a Jashinist this week. My society teacher gave the class an assignment where we will be presenting information about a cult or religious movement of our choice in front of the class. What a strange coincidence that religions and cults were the going to be the next chapter my class would learn about. What an even greater coincidence that such a fantastic opportunity should arise to educate a class of 27 about Jashinism! When the teacher announced this project, I grinned to myself and thought to Jashin “That’s why you finally convinced me to convert, isn’t it? You knew this was going to happen and that this would be a great opportunity.”

I never expected that to happen. I eagerly made my PowerPoint slideshow and am ready to present either tomorrow or Monday.

Now I have a sad topic to talk about. My best friend told me a week ago that her aunt has cancer. My friend’s aunt went into the hospital yesterday to have it removed, but it turns out the cancer had spread. My friend has been sad all day because if her aunt dies then that will be the fifth family member she has lost to cancer. I’ve prayed numerous times throughout the day, asking Jashin to help my friend’s aunt fight the cancer, as well as to help my friend get better and find a way for her to channel her sadness and help others suffering in her same situation. I would like to ask you to pray for my friend and her family members, whether you are Jashinist or atheist.

Throughout the day when I talk to Jashin, I close my eyes and cup my hands underneath my desk (if I’m in class) or I’ll put my head down on my desk and close my eyes. I tend to start with “Lord Jashin…” and then proceed to tell him about my thoughts.

I indicated in a previous chapter that I was having problems at home. My dad is an alcoholic. He spends money selfishly and doesn’t keep up with the repairs for the house. It has been decided that my dad’s house is going to be cleaned up and sold. Because of my dad I must find new homes for all of my cats. My cats are like my best friends. I’ve been trying to convince my mom to allow me to keep Mulder at her house (she already has two cats). She has said no several times before because she doesn’t want any more cats, but I continued asking. I started praying to Jashin to change my mom’s mind. I told him I didn’t want to lose my best friend (animal-wise). I was there when Mulder was born and we became buddies right away. As a 7-week-old kitten he was already lying on my chest while I was sleeping.

I arrived at my mom’s house about four hours ago and asked her if I could move in since dad’s house will be going up for sale and I’ll need to move back anyway. She said yes. Then I once again asked her if Mulder could live here too. I pleaded, saying that I'd support Mulder and that I didn’t want to lose him because we are close to each other.

She said yes.

I am so happy right now. Before I go to sleep, I intend to thank Jashin a million times over and sacrifice more blood for letting Mulder continue to be a part of my life, and I a part of his. I'm also thankful for the wonderful support group I found on Facebook today called The Faith of Jashin. I've made many wonderful friends and they are all very kind and welcoming.

The Faith of Jashin (https://www.facebook.com/groups/384210091649721/)
May 18th, 2013 at 06:49pm