Comments Are My Downfall

Ok so I've posted several chapters lately to a story I've been writing and focusing on. Recently I've noticed that even though people are reading it which is great and I thank all 255 of you but I'm not getting any feedback whatsoever. I don't feel like you should be obligated to leave a comment but it would be nice to know how I'm doing or whether you like the direction the story is going in. I don't like to demand comments I feel like that's kind of a jerk move but it really does mean a lot to me when you the readers let me the average writer know how I'm doing. I mean I posted 2 chapters in one night and got nothing. Sure people read them but absolutely no feedback. I know that I shouldnt care whether I get comments or not you know the whole don't like it don't read it thing but I guess that its just the kittle bit of insecurity in me that's nagging for a little bit of satisfaction in knowing that I'm not a complete failure. Do I sound desparate anf needy? Probably. Should I try other avenues to get more comments? Yea because part of me wants to stay strong and wait it out until I get the comments but the other part wants to say fuck it and keep writing comments or no comments. And with that said I've come to the conclusion that comments are my downfall...I really need to get a new hobby...
May 19th, 2013 at 08:26am