Working For A Amusement Park

ok so i'm working at a amusement park for the summer and of course I can't name it because then I would be sued for slander and the likes! think Charlie Brown and the crew

Anyways! I work in a certain department that deals a lot with customer service through selling things, so If you cant make a educated guess and think which department that is well shrugs

and this is where the rant begins.....

so first off yes there are some pros to working for a park, actually only one pro one being you get to be in the park for free....wait for the next pro....wait on it....nope got nothing.

The food is not cheap, I laugh at employee café and its the best place to look for healthy stuff either. I'm not by a long shot a health food freak BUT when you have to walk the whole park a lot, those deep fried goodies won't be so great anymore.

And the dorms....well...just think about a 3-4 people per room in about a 200 to 300 dorm room complex with community style bathrooms. Not the best place to be after a couple people have chewed through some burritos I can tell you that!

Really all I can say for if someone wants to work at a amusement park be prepared to work hard as hell and don't really reap any benefits. Yeah the hours are nice when you get your check but once you pay for your cell phone bill, taxes, dorm payments, food expenses, and etc your still not coming out for very much.

You meet a lot of new interesting people though who will share the hell with you, so at least your not alone in your torture. :)

So I end this with a question: Would you ever work for a amusement park? or if you have, give a insight on your experience?
May 19th, 2013 at 10:48pm