Darling we'll be okay.

I write a lot of blogs about the things going on in my life. They're rarely anything but sad, bitter, or angry. But this one, this is for my best friend.

Hailums I am thankful for you everyday of my life. I have friends, hell I have best friends, and then there's you. You are the best friend that everyone should have.

Literally our relationship is like the ones I was always jealous of in movies and on tv. Sure we haven't been friends since we were born or anything, but the thing with friendship is it isn't about who has been there for the most years, but who has been there for you the most.

I love everything about our friendship. I love that I refer to your mom as mommie. I love that we are probably way too comfortable with each other. I love that we are so close that people often mistake us for a couple. I love that when one of us is sad, or wildly overtired we aren't afraid to hold hands even if its in public. I love that we can just cuddle up on the couch and watch movies and obsess over Grey's Anatomy together. I love that we can talk about anything. I love going to concerts and getting lost in the mosh pits together. I love our really weird nicknames and the way we say things that are quite awkward to anyone else. I love that we can share a single look or word and completely understand each other. More than that, I love that we honestly don't fight.

Last night made me realize how lucky I am to have someone like you in my life. My parents have said it, and I have thought it so many times. But between yesterday and today I realized that you should know how grateful I am for you being my best friend.

Last night you were willing to risk getting in serious trouble just to beat up a boy who crushed me. You held my hand and didn't say I told you so. You actually had to be held back to keep you from attacking him.

I don't understand how we became friends so quickly but I know one thing for sure. I am so glad that we did. Because after only the two years that we have been really good friends, you have been the best friend I ever could have asked for.

To steal your very own words,
"Darling we'll be okay. I promise."

I love you Hailums, thank you for just being you.
May 20th, 2013 at 04:31am