Plagiarism(RANT!)

Hey guys, Karina here again!

As you can tell from my title this blog will be about plagiarism. Today I woke up in a good mood, I got an update out on of my stories and I was about to get to work on my other stories. I had even wanted to get ideas out on the sequel I've been putting off but this just put a damper on things.

Not so long ago a good friend of mine told me that she found a story with my characters in it and of course I started to look into it and like I expected it's pretty much the same thing!

Right now as I write this I'm trying so hard to keep it together, my hands are seriously shaking with the anger and I am close to tears because I'm so crushed. Many of you can probably relate and finding out that your work has been stolen is not a good feeling. You guys might think I am being dramatic because I want to cry but you have to understand the following facts:

If you guys have read several of my stories even to the first one I wrote you will notice the character Melodee. Melodee to me is not just a random name I chose but someone real. Melodee was the character I build up way back when I was writing in notebooks in high school. Over the years the character become something more and someone I will always hold close to my heart.
If you notice Melodee is a character that is broken, one that has gone through so much in her life and trying to get through things. Mel in fact is me.

The story of mine that was plagiarized was one that I am so proud of : Run Away With Me This story is so personal to me that I can't even explain. I created this story after days of crying and breaking down in my room to the point that I just wanted to leave. I took a stand forward with my emotions and decided to write it out. I poured my heart into every single chapter to every single detail in this story and it wasn't easy. I am not easily able to share my deep feelings but I did it for you guys! I did it because I know there are people out there dealing with similar situations and I wanted to help you guys so you can see that things get better. I did all that and for it to be just taken away from me like that is just not right! I get that they like the story and this person has told me that she loved this story but please don't do stuff like that. Please understand the hard work a person pours into creating a story before stealing their ideas. If you admire someone's work we understand but no means necessary does it mean you have to go and do that. If you want to make something similar or take any ideas from mine or any other author then talk to them first! I have always stated that any one can message me on anything and I never have a problem with helping other people with their writing but I am not happy about this at all!
May 20th, 2013 at 11:30pm