Does this ever happen to you?

I've watched Mulan (my absolute favorite Disney movie since the day it came out in theatres) multiple times this week with my cousins because it's also Eric's favorite movie, and Elise really loves it, as well.

Anyway, I have a very specific scene in the movie stuck in my head.

But it's not any of the songs.

It's the part where Mulan officially meets (accidentally typed "meats" and it made me die laughing) Shang and he's like, "who the hell are you?" and she stumbles and tries to buy time to think of a man's name she could use for herself. Mushu offers Ling, and Mulan's like, "his name is Ling," and Shang's like, "I didn't ask for his name, I asked for YOURS!" and finally Mushu says Ping.

I have the entire thing stuck in my head, though. Like, all the details of Mulan stuttering, Mushu joking, like saying, "Ah Choo," and everything. Literally everything. It's absolutely ridiculous. While I love that scene, it's annoying having it repeated in my mind multiple times.

Does this ever happen to anyone else? Like, instead of getting a song stuck in your head, you get a line (or straight up scene) from a movie stuck in your head?
May 21st, 2013 at 07:31am