I’m Musing About Why I Prefer Mibba Over Other Websites (& Come Give Mibba’s Site Betas Work to Do!)

So first off, before my pointless musings begin.... Mibba's site betas are at your service! (`・ω・´)ゞ

I recommend that you all check out Mibba’s site betas. Because Katie has finally decided to release us onto the rest of you hehe. (•‿•) So, give us work to do, yes? The thread is awfully lonely right now, don’t ya think? It needs more requests! Most definitely. It’s simply, just head over to the thread and read the first post. It’ll tell you everything you need to know about getting a beta and how the editing process with us works! Don’t be scared of us. We don’t bite. At least, not very hard. ψ(`∇´)ψ I'm joking, we're all as sweet as apple pie so come give us stories to beta~

So give us stories to beta, okay? Pwetty pwease? (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Let’s move on now!

Now, I know a lot of people enjoy complaining about what’s wrong with Mibba just to have something to complain about but, I also know that most of us can agree that Mibba is a far better writing site than most of the other ones out there. I know a lot of people have too much pride and won’t admit that but come on, you know deep down that it’s true. This is the sort of stuff that I think about at 2 am when I can’t sleep. I decided to go read the Terms of Service on different writing websites just because I was that bored. Did you know Mibba has a short Terms of Service? It’s pretty fun, every site has like this epicly long ToS and Mibba has such a short one. (^v^)

Anyhow, I do prefer Mibba over the other writing websites I’ve tried out and there are specific reasons for why I do prefer it. The only two writing websites I post on are Mibba and fanfiction.net. I’ve tried out multiple other ones, but they just didn’t stick with me for one reason or another. Most writing websites out there simply have nasty users, incompetent staff, or are very disorganized. Before I go farther, I’d like to point out that I mean no disrespect in anything I am saying and I will not tolerate bashing comments towards any websites. We’re all over the age of 13. We’re all capable of saying why we dislike something without bashing it. Let’s all be mature. Now, let’s carry on.

If I’m remembering right, the first writing website I ever went on was Quizilla. It was ages ago when I signed up for that site for the first time, I can’t even remember what year it was exactly, though I do remember I was under 13 and lied about my age. But who hasn’t lied about their age at least once online. We were all stupid kids at one point or another. I left Quizilla around 2009 after I had gotten attached to Mibba. I join Mibba in February of 2008, so I’ve been here for five years now. The first year, I didn’t really get attached to Mibba but when I actually gave this site a chance, I found that I really liked it.

Anymore, I really dislike Quizilla, most of the dislike for it comes after the drastic change they made to the site. You see, the thing about Quizilla’s change is different from Mibba’s. The change that came to Mibba was done with advice from the users, Dujo took into consideration that things that user’s wanted and edited things to make people happier. As for Quizilla, the owners of that site didn’t do that. They didn’t ask their users what they wanted and they didn’t care if they didn’t like it. Viacom dug in their heels and refused to compromise with anyone. Because yes, Viacom is the owner of Quizilla. I know a lot of people like to say MTV owns it, but that’s not true. MTV and Quizilla are owned by the same company, which is Viacom. Viacom owns a lot of popular entertainment sources. They own Quizilla, Nickelodeon, MTV, and Neopets just to name a few. That was Quizilla’s biggest problem, the new people in control of the site refused to compromise with their users. They refused to listen and told users to deal with the changes, which led to them losing a lot of users.

Quizilla is, in my opinion, extremely disorganized. Their website is hard to navigate, and posting stories to the site seems even harder. Then again, the last time I tried was years ago so… Maybe it’s changed but whatever. The site has horrible customer service, their staff is extremely rude. We’re not even going to get onto the quality of writing or the maturity level of their users. But that shouldn’t be a surprise I guess, the website is now a children’s website (courtesy of Viacom taking over) and children aren’t known for being the most mature. I’m going to be an anti-corporatist here and say that Viacom ruined Quizilla. There. I said it. So sue me, I think Viacom ruined Quizilla. I know how much people hate hearing that but let’s face it, it’s true. Quizilla was a great site until Viacom came in and started making changes to it.

I’ve tried Mediaminer. Pretty decent site, except its creator abandoned so nothing gets updated. There are still users there, but it’s pretty much a dead site. I’m a little surprised its servers are still up but that’s a different subject. I’ve tried fictionpress and I don’t know why, but it just doesn’t stick. I love FF.net (fictionpress’ sister site) but I can’t seem to get into fictionpress. I’ll give the site another try eventually, I don’t know why I’m having such a hard time getting into the site if I like FF.net. Kinda strange but whatever, I’ll give that site another try someday.

I’ve recently tried Wattpad and the users drove me away. The users on Wattpad are just so nasty. They’re so insulting. I’ve read the comments on some of the stories and it just amazes me how nasty the users over there can be. I have no desire to be a part of Wattpad’s community until their user-base is a little bit less nasty. I still go on it from time to time to read some horror stories, but I refuse to post there. Livejournal never stuck with me at all, I could never really figure the site out. I couldn’t even figure out to blog on the thing.

I prefer Mibba because there’s a lot of organization on the site. The layout is pretty forward and everything is easy to find. The users, for the most part, are really nice and genuine. We help each other grow as writers and are in general just decent towards each other. The staff is great, they’re friendly and helpful. I’ve criticized the staff in the past but you all know me, I criticize everything. I still think all of the staff are doing wonderful at their respective jobs! Now go give us betas some work yes? *hint hint*

So, why do you guys like Mibba?

Mibba, I love you lots!
Image
May 21st, 2013 at 11:07pm