A Detailed and Comprehensive List About Why I Hate Tests (With a Focus on Finals)

This post is inspired by my upcoming Pre-Calculus test.

The two solid weeks of finals coming after that.

1) I don't know about you, but in every. single. class. there's always that one kid who happened to get a cold miraculously, like they walked into the classroom and Jesus bestowed unto them the glorious gift of sniffling. I'm the kind of person who can get distracted by a butterfly fluttering past a window, so let's just say this doesn't work out so well for me.

2) This one particularly irks me about finals. Now, I'm a sophomore in high school, so I guess on some level I don't have the right to complain. But I recently took an AP exam for World History, and I never want to hear the words "Pencils down, time's up." ever again. I mean, sITTING IN A ROOM FOR THREE HOURS? HOW CAN SOMEONE EXPECT A BUNCH OF TEENAGERS TO MANAGE THAT? Maybe I'm underestimating my fellow sophomores, but after the first hour my attention span is shot. I think we should all be given an award for this kind of patience. I, personally, would like one for not killing the kid who taps his pencil like he's the next Ringo Starr.

3) There's always something, something on the test or final of whatever class that you studied you life away for that you don't know. I mean, take the kid who sits next to me in my history class as an example. He's probably the most dedicated student you'd ever meet. We once got assigned 400 vocabulary words at once (also known as the assignment from hell) and he did them all out by hand on index cards. The stack was three textbooks thick. But then came the AP Exam, and the essay topics were on the one thing he didn't study.

So he had a panic attack didn't write them.

That, my friends, is a true example of the unattainable American Dream.

In all honesty, though, I got bored and because I'm procrastinating, why not write a pointless blog?

(Fueled by test anxiety and the fact that The Vampire Diaries and Doctor Who have already had their season finales and I have nothing else left on this earth to look forward to.)

-Marissa
May 22nd, 2013 at 03:04am