My Fav Musician/Band (WP015)

This blog is for the daily writing prompt "My Favourite Musician/Band," and I absolutely cannot think of one particular band that I can label as the best, in my eyes. So, I will make a list of the bands that have made the biggest impact on my life.

______________________________________________


1. KoRn
Image

For me, KoRn has always been the band that never made a song that I didn't like; I've been a fan since I was young, and I still never get tired of hearing their songs! This surprises me, because I'm generally the type of person who is easily "burnt out" on songs or bands. However, this wasn't the case with this band.

Jonathan Davis' voice is so unique, as well as the band's style, and that is the type of thing that makes me interested in a band in the first place; I've always been someone who is unique herself, so it's nice to be able to connect in some way with a band or artist.

2. Avenged Sevenfold
Image

Firstly, I want to go ahead and make one statement: I believe that Avenged Sevenfold was/is made up of some of the best musicians in the entire world. No, I don't think Matt Sanders is the best singer in the world. But I do believe that Brian Haner and Zack Baker are the best guitar duo in the world. As a drummer myself, Jimmy Sullivan has been such a humongous inspiration to me. Still to this day--even though I'm no longer a big fan of A7X--I practice by playing their songs, trying to better myself. I firmly believe that Jimmy was the best drummer of all time, and not because he could play "faster" than anyone else, or "louder" than anyone else (even though he could give any other drummer a run for their money in those departments); he was the most creative drummer I've ever heard in my life, and I will forever be thankful to have gotten to see him live and witness his charisma on stage.

3. Bring Me the Horizon
Image

Anyone who is familiar with me/my writing, probably knows that I love Bring Me the Horizon. Most of my fanfictions have to do with the band! But, I'm not only into them because I find (most of) the band members attractive. Believe it or not, I'm one of those fans that actually listen to their music and enjoy it. If people would actually take the time to listen to their lyrics, they'd realize that these guys are amazing artists. Their music is pure poetry put to music; it's really beautiful.

Oliver Sykes says that he was in a dark place when he wrote the album Sempiternal. Listening to the lyrics on that album literally gives me chills--the kind of chills you only get when you can completely relate to the words in some way. I may have not had the same experiences as he, but when that album came out I was in a dark place as well. It's like I had someone to talk to for once, who had been through exactly what I had. To me, that's impressive.

4. Dr. Dre
Image


Dr. Dre because FUCK YOU THAT'S WHY.

Dr. Dre is literally the best, in my opinion. There's nothing I love more than to cruise around in my truck listening to Dre speak such vulgarity at me. Gets me excited just thinking about it.

5. Tool
Image


Maynard James Keenan is such a fucking weirdo, and I love it. I love everything about it. Go on YouTube right now and watch this video if you've never seen them live, because I promise that you won't regret it!! If the link doesn't work, just search "Tool live 1993" and it should be the first video that pops up.

As I mentioned about KoRn, I love bands that are unique in their sound and lyric content; it pretty much doesn't get any more unique than Tool, and I can promise you that!!

_____________________________________________


So, there's my top 5. If you don't like these bands, please do not post negative comments on this blog. This is my opinion, I'm not stating facts!

x,
Holli
May 22nd, 2013 at 09:02pm