It's Official. I Don't Like Wattpad.

So if you didn't read my earlier blog... I made a Wattpad account today because I could. I thought I'd like to spread my stories around the interwebs, you know?

So I made it, I had to activate the account first. It took them five hours to send it to me. I seriously got a notification on my iPod that it had finally arrive like thirty minutes ago. I'm sorry, but they should really be on top of things. Oh, well. So I obviously wasn't going to wait around till they sent it to me and so I activated it through my Facebook account.

I was like, "Oh hell nah" when they asked if the could post on my behalf. Haha, I only let a select few of my friends know that I write fan fiction because I know that if I let more people in on it they'd think I'm uber weird and creepy.

Anyways, I just could not figure out anything on the site. I mean, I could get to my profile and whatnot, but jeez. I was seriously confused. I looked at their "Dummies Guide to Wattpad" thing or whatever, that only made me even more confused because they (apparently) hadn't updated it in forever! They lied. They said they try to update it often. Why are you trying to make my internet life hard, Wattpad? XD

You're kind of scaring me away.

Let me tell you, I was so confused when I was trying to post a story. I was like, "What's this do?" whenever I saw a button. I still don't get it. It took me a good hour to get three chapters up. And they have a cut off for story summaries! I was like, "NOOOOOOOO!" because the story summary is really long.

Image


Anyways, then I found the stories section! (*Cue Hitchcock Thriller Music*) Oh, no! It was horrible! (At least to me). Incorrectly capitalized with decoration and tags in the titles everywhere! I mean, sure, not everyone has Mibba's rules when it comes to story titles, but the story editor in me was just like twitching and cringing at everything.

If all those stories were on Mibba, I'd probably have a heart attack from being swamped with work!

Image

After figuring out how to post chapters and whatnot, I was just like running back here.

Image

Oh, Mibba! I'm so sorry I left you! I'm so sorry I thought I'd be able to find another place to post stories! Please take me back, please?! I'll love and cherish you always (even though I already do)! Please!? I'll be a good Mibbian story editor, I promise! I love you! Don't leave me! I'll always be here!

Image

I'VE LEARNED MY LESSON!


Though seriously, overall, Wattpad's a great site, but it's really just not for me. Kudos if you like it, but I'll probably be sticking to Mibba for as long as possible. ::shifty:
May 27th, 2013 at 03:10am