We As A Human Race. (This has a few naughty words in it.)

So Friday I posted a blog that I deleted a bit afterwards.

It was a couple of hours before prom, and I looked at myself in the mirror which let out the storm of insecurities. Issues that I'd thought I'd gotten over were being thrown in my face at full force, thoughts of I'm not good enough, I'm ugly, and I need to lose weight immediately began to run circles in my head.

But after awhile, a thought came to me and for the first time in my life, I actually gave it some thought.

Why do I put so much significance on other's opinions of myself?

I'd thought about it before, sure. But I hadn't actually thought over it, and dissected the real reasons.

I could sit here and type out every comment I've ever received. I could sit here and analyze why I grew up with a low self esteem.

Or I could change my way of thinking.

The truth is, everyone is so busy caring about what others think of them that no one is actually thinking of them. It's the simple truth. We're vain creatures by birth. I'll admit to that. But if someone doesn't like you or want to hang out with you simply based on your appearance, then they don't deserve to hang out with you.

So you know what? Fuck them. Can I swear in these things? I just checked. Yes, I can. Fuck them if they only want to be with you because of how you look. You're amazing. You're funny and talented and amazing.

You're made up of physical substance.
You take up space.

You matter.
May 28th, 2013 at 05:25pm