MIW Real Fans v. Fake Fans

Quite frankly I'm tiered of this battle going on between people. It is bad enough you have people constantly saying shit about MIW, but then so-called fans start attacking other fans because they are "fake". It seems to have gotten better over the past few months, yet it could be because I've avoided YouTube comments. The whole thing is stupid. I mean, who has the right to say whose a "real" fan. The only people I can think of that can begin to justify saying if a fan is "real" or "fake" are the band members himself. Chris Motionless has called several times for fans to stop calling other fans fake. I think it doesn't matter if you know all the band members names or have memorized every lyric, as long as you like the music. I probably listened to We Stich These Wounds (the album) at least ten times through without even listening to the lyrics. I come from a very classical background. I tend to listen to music as a whole rather than just the lyrics. I haven't memorized every BVB lyric, MIW lyric, Apocalyptica lyric, ect. The only band I've come close to memorizing all the lyrics to is Three Days Grace. I don't even know every lyric Richey Edwards of the Manic Street Preachers ever wrote even if he is my biggest lyrical inspiration and the one person dead or alive I would like to meet. He's presumed dead, but that's another story. MIW is a close second behind Manic Street Preachers for lyrical inspiration. You can see it in the lyrics I write. It is staring you right in the face. I haven't been a MIW from the start of their band. First of all I would've been 8 years old, and second of all there is no way I was mature to begin to understand their lyrics until I became a fan. I also didn't become a fan immediately. I listened to "Immaculate Misconception" and thought it was alright. I liked the idea behind it. Something about it though had me coming back. I began to listen to more of their stuff and fell in love. Same goes with Three Days Grace, Apocalyptica, Snow White's Poison Bite, and the Manic Street Preachers. That also brings me to another point. I can't name all the members of Apocalyptica or Snow White's Poison Bite. The foreign which adds the trouble I have remembering names. I have sat next to a kid for an entire semester and never learned their names.

This is all basically one long rant. I just hate when I'm called a fake fan or see other fans being called fake over petty things.
May 29th, 2013 at 07:08am