I'm back........

Yeah so I wasn't gone for very long, but the short break was much needed and did me a lot of good. I was able to step back and see things more clearly. This blog is going to cover a lot of the thoughts I've had lately and don't worry, I'm going to try my best to make this blog as positive as I can and not offensive to anyone. We'll see how well that works, ha, ha.

So while I was away, I thought over all the stuff that has been going on on this site lately. Mostly the negative stuff. I realized some things. Eminem said it best in his song, "Rain Man."

"You find me offensive. I find you offensive for finding me offensive."

Those are wise words and they are 100% true. In fact, he has a lot of wise things to say, but that's just my personal opinion. We all want people to agree with what we say and we are quick to get angry when people disagree, I'm aware of this. Also though, there are people out there who purposely TRY to disagree with some or everything a person says and it bugs me how various other people wanna just assume you are angry solely for the fact that someone disagreed with your opinion. That's not always the case. Sure people get pissed if someone doesn't agree with them, but some people abuse their right to disagree.

There are several sides to this whole "opinion," "right to agree or disagree," "I'm offended," thing. It seems to be a vicious cycle. I know some of my blogs have caused chaos lately, but it's not just me, other people are having problems as well. For awhile I didn't want to continue posting my opinions that may be considered controversial. Now I have thought of a solution to my problem. I know people won't always agree with what I say and that is fine. I don't mind.....however, I will no longer be posting ANY blogs that I feel contain any controversial matters for 1. I'm sick of hearing crap. 2. Maybe if I stop, this whole ripple effect of other blogs and opinions stemming from my blogs will stop.

Some of us, myself included, don't or didn't realize just how much of an impact what we say has on other people. I apologize for being blind to this, but I won't be anymore. It seems that when one person says something that someone else doesn't agree with, someone if not both parties become offended and then other blogs are posted, this whole big argument ensues, and people are back to being at each other's throats again. Sigh.

People tell me it's not my fault and that I should voice my opinion, but you see how it creates a whole domino effect of controversy?So...I'm taking a stand to put a stop to causing it, even though it's not intentional on my end.

My little corner of Mibba will not become something that causes discord anymore between Mibbians. A lot of times I will post my opinion or dislike of something and I will ask you guys what you think or your ideas for a solution to a problem I'm having. Usually I'm just curious about things and I don't always word what I have to say just right and then people take it wrong and get mad. So.....from now on, I am only posting nice, positive blogs with decent topics that can't be considered shady or offensive.

I am the type of person though who does like to speak their mind and I do need a place to fucking just be able to be myself without having to look over my shoulder all the time. So here's my solution to this problem......There are a lot of you on here who always understand where I'm coming from and really GET me and what I'm trying to say. You know the intent behind what I say isn't meant to be insulting and a lot of you have said you love reading what I write and the fact that I speak my mind freely. Well....I have a proposition for you.

Are there any of you whom I can really trust on here who would like to be my Mibba Truth Buddy?

My definition of that is, someone whom I can private message on here that will listen to what I have to say and my opinions or questions about controversial things WITHOUT getting offended, whining, writing response blogs, or ridiculing me? If so, I would greatly appreciate if you would step forward and be my special Mibba Truth Buddy. I will, in turn, do the same thing for you.

This ensures that no more possibly offensive things will be written in the public's eyes and there won't be any more arguments or people getting their feelings hurt over every little thing. If we nip one of the causes of confrontation in the bud and at the source, no disputes can grow or stem from it.

Now mind you, being my Mibba Truth Buddy is not just an excuse to shit talk or bash other Mibbians privately. That is not what that position pertains to and it is not what I'm intending the whole thing to be about. I try to never talk shit about a fellow Mibbian unless I feel like they've done something purposely wrong towards me or someone and usually I just keep those opinions to myself unless it's just really bad. Maybe if more of us get Mibba Truth Buddies then a lot more people will be able to openly speak their mind, but not make everyone hate each other on here or always argue over being offended and opinions.

So if you are interested, please leave a comment. I will need more than one Mibba Truth Buddy because I don't want to seem like I am always just saying my more negatives opinions to just one person or make them feel like all I do is rant. Not all of what I say is negative, but it's just not smart to post negative opinions publicly on this site.

On another note, I love most all of you on here and I want there to be peace and happiness among us. If I've learned anything, life is too short. You never know how much time you have and wasting it bitching or arguing online isn't the most wise way to spend it. I'm speaking to myself here as well.

I'm sick of the hate. I do apologize if my opinions or anything I've ever said has offended some of you. It's hard to speak your mind honestly when it could always end up hurting someone. You kind of get between a rock and a hard place. You want to tell people how you feel, but you don't want to hurt them in the process, even if what you speak is true.

I'm not trying to be conceited or claim to be one of the so called "popular" people on this site, but in the past few months, I have gained a lot more followers and people who read my stuff regularly. I want to be a positive example for people and not a negative one. So if you all can forgive me for any wrong you feel I've done, I'd really like that and I will try to set a more positive influence.

I've given you all quite a lot to think about here. I know this next thing may sound childish, but here is another solution I have come up with. If someone sends me an offensive remark without so called "bashing" exactly, I am just going to not reply with my own debate, but rather post my favorite song lyrics in response. Hahaha the thought of doing that makes me giggle. I may even go to the lengths of saying, "Thank you for your opinion. You're so sweet," even though they may have said something totally heinous to me. Sometimes that whole motto, "Kill them with kindness," can actually be helpful. Plus, if I don't fuel the fire, the flames with stay at a safe, controlled level.

These are the ways I am planning to try and better my situation and the situation of us constantly wrangling with one another here on Mibba. What are you thoughts on this? Any takers on the whole Mibba Truth Buddy? *makes cute, wide eyed cat face that Puss in Boots off of Shrek makes* Lmao.
May 29th, 2013 at 04:21pm