What's Going On?

In the past month I've gotten numerous messages on why my updates have been slower and I know some of you are wondering why I'm slacking so much

When the semester ended for me, I really thought that I was going to be updating my popular stories a lot faster. However, for my summer vacation I decided to visit the beautiful state of Colorado with a few friends of mine and I just haven't had a lot of time to work on my stories. From the moment I stepped foot in this state, I have been going nonstop and rarely have any time to actually relax. In the last week I have been here I have gone hiking, went to the Denver Zoo, visited the Museum of Nature and Science, walked through about 5 different malls (seriously), went to mountains and nearly froze my ass off, traveled to Nebraska even though there was nothing but fields of corn there, went to a Rockies game, had my first bonfire, and even went swimming in a cold ass lake.

Clearly I haven't had a lot of time to write.

However, I have now figured out a decent schedule that works pretty well for me. I have decided to type out 1,000 to 2,000 words for each story before I go to bed each night and sometimes when I even wake up in the morning. With most of my stories, especially Keep the Lights On, I like to have lengthy updates upwards about 6,000+ words; which is another reason why it takes me a while to update. I feel like this is better than updating every other day with only 1,000 word chapters, in my opinion at least.

Besides, I probably wouldn't be able to cram all of my ideas into 1,000 words.

Finally, I just want to thank all of my readers for all of the comments/recs/subscriptions, it really makes everything more enjoyable to write, knowing that so many of you are interested in my stories. Keep the Lights On nearly has 60 recommendations, 250+ comments, and 354 subscribers; the most out of all my stories. It's hard for me to fathom that so many people enjoy something that I created and that so many people are attached to these characters that mean a lot to me. I remember when I posted my first story on here, Breathe Me, and it was pretty awful and cliched at first, but all of your comments and criticism helped me improve my writing and now I know to always hit the space bar after any type of punctuation.

Seriously, my writing was atrocious when I first started out.

From the bottom of my heart, it means a lot to me and I hope all my readers continue to enjoy the updates I put out.
May 30th, 2013 at 09:49pm