Blogging; Rome; Butterflies; Speeches

So, I dont know why but for some reason I got an odd, sudden urge to start blogging. Don't ask me why,( I have no idea) I just did. So, here I am… blogging. I'm not even exactly sure what you do in a blog actually. Is it like an online, public diary? I have no clue. I guess, because of this, I'll just go my own way on this blogging adventure.

Today at school my annoyingly split-personality teacher, Mr.Lee, was teaching us about acient Rome, the classical civilization. So, I can't quite remember how this was brought up, but he mentioned something about "The Butterfly Effect", which, to my limited knowledge, is basically this theory some scientist, I think he was a meteorologist, made up. Apparently he typed in a wrong number (like 5.367 instead of 5.367074 or something like that) on a weather machine and discovered that just that one little thing changed the pattern of the weather completely.

So one of his coworkers said something like, If a seagull flapped its wings in Ontario it could cause a tornadoe in Texas, and the scientist changed the seagull to a butterfly, for poetic reasons, to name the theory.

Its like a dominoe effect. One thing leads to another, that leads to another, that changes something slightly, that makes a tornadoe in Texas.

I actually find this subject very intriguing, however it's one of those things that makes my head spin after I think about it too much. That happens alot when I watch things on the science channel…

Anyway, the whole point of this very long, dragged out story, is that in my English class we are doing speeches (Woo! Yeah, no. I'm deathly afraid) and they need to be 3-5 minutes long. Do you, dear anonymous reader (if there are even readers) think that this would be a good topic? Or should I do something less scientific? I have to give this speech to a class full of eighth-graders, most of which probably should not have even made it to the eighth grade, so…

And if you don't think this is a good idea please tell me, and maybe, if you can think of any, tell me any ideas that you have for my speech.

So now I'm at the end of this blog, and, again, new blogger here, so I don't exactly know how to end this…
I guess I'll just,
Bye.
May 31st, 2013 at 04:53am