To any readers of my stories.

First off, this isn't another long, drawn out apology blog for not having updated in months. This is something else concerning my stories and how at least my A7X fanfictions will no longer be posted on this site, but moved to the mini site.

Due to the lack of feedback I'm getting on Mibba, I'm going to be posting on Avenged Sevenfold Fanfiction. Since most of what I write is A7X fanfiction, you can find me here. I like posting there more because I can attract more attention to my work and get more feedback.

However, I am still currently in a writing slump as I've been in for the past few months. Feedback attributes to that as well as life being so busy for me. When I get feedback, knowing that people really enjoy reading my stories and such, it motivates me to write so much more. Now when I update a story here, I can get 80+ readers for a chapter, but one or two people will comment. It's kind of upsetting to me, because when I write, I not only write for myself: I write for the people who enjoy my work. Not to mention I feel pressured here to have to do comment swaps.

Whatever happened to just enjoying a story and giving an author feedback without the pressures of comment swapping? I've been a member of Mibba since the beginning of this site, and never felt like I had to read someone's story because they commented on one of mine. Yeah yeah, I know that's the past, and this is the present, deal with it right? Well I am dealing with it, hence the whole me posting my A7X stories on the mini site.

I barely have time to write my own stories, let alone read every other story that's posted on here. I work a full time job that can sometimes work us up to more than 15 hour days. My job is physically demanding so often times I just get so exhausted. My job is going to send me on tour soon, so with that I probably won't even be able to get on the internet, let alone try to write.

Also not to mention: I just don't feel like I fit in with the other stories being posted here. It seems that the site goes through "fandom phases" so on A7XFF, I feel like I fit in so much more. Yes, I'm aware people post A7X stories here too, but they get lost among the One Direction, and the K-pop stories that are waaay not my thing.

So over the course of time, I will be slowly posting my A7X stories here on the mini site, as well as maybe re-writing them, or at least tweaking them as my writing style changes over time.

Re-writes may also happen on my old My Chemical Romance fanfictions, which will get posted to that mini site (if I can find it...) when that time comes. I'm hoping that doing re-writes will spark my writing mojo back up.
May 31st, 2013 at 05:34am