Books: May 2013

I always keep track of all the books I read and buy each month, just for fun, and so I thought it might be nice for other people to see my lists. For some of them, I'll rate them or write my thoughts about them.

-Divergent By Veronica Roth 9/10
This was a reread. The book is fast paced and the world the author creates is quite an interesting one.

-Dead Man's Folly By Agatha Christie 10/10
Oh, the plots twists!

-The Murder of Roger Ackroyd By Agatha Christie 10/10
Really, anything Agatha Christie is just amazing. The ending to this one, and the identity of the culprit, was so brilliant that I had to stop reading for several minutes, to take it in. If you do read this, tell no one so that they don't ruin it for you.

-Silas Marner By George Elliot 7/10
I had to read this one for class, so it wasn't something I would normally pick up. The style is a little dense and sometimes it was hard to follow the plot. But it was still an interesting read.

-House By Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker 10/10
Ted Dekker books are amazingly creepy, and Frank Peretti's work just downright scare the life out of me. This book was written by both of them, making it so twisted, so scary, and so good! The depths of the evil created are so dark, that when light is seen at the end, it's a most welcome relief. I can't read their books too many at a time, but every once in awhile is good. This one was just insane!

-The Sting of the Scorpion By Franklin W. Dixon 10/10
The last book in the original Hardy Boys series. I finally collected them all!

-Destination Unknown By Agatha Christie 10/10

-They do it with Mirrors By Agatha Christie 10/10
No matter how much I try, I can never figure out who the culprit is. The twists in this one were very good and I didn't see the ending coming at all.

-Spark of Suspicion By Franklin W. Dixon 10/10
This book and the one below are Hardy Boys books, but not the originals. They're a continuation, but more modern and with more action.

-Crime in the Kennel By Franklin W. Dixon 10/10

-Canadian Ghost Stories By Barbara Smith 8/10

-Of Mice and Men By John Steinbeck 7/10
A quick, and somewhat sad read, it spoke about the American Dream and what is really worth chasing after. It also talked about how lonely people can become when striving for those dreams. This book wasn't really my kind of book but I had to read it for a class, and I did enjoy it.

-A Wolf Story By James Byron Huggins 9/10
This was a reread. This book was short but very good.
June 2nd, 2013 at 04:37am