Original Fiction. My Thoughts.

So don't get me wrong, I LOVE me some fan fiction. In fact, for the last two years, that's all I've been able to write. However, I still love writing and reading original fiction. It just has to be a certain genre though. Usually I like reading original fictions that have a deep romance in them that are smutty, dark, and sometimes gruesome. I do like vampire novels, but not the typical "cliche" ones or ones that center towards a teenage audience.

I like when the male character is mysterious yet misunderstood usually because his roughness comes off as dangerous and cruel but when someone has gotten to know him, he can be quite the passionate soul. I like when he seems like the strong silent type who would never be as weak as to be jealous if the female of his affections was to speak with another guy, even though he is in fact jealous.

My tastes in original fiction aren't limited to those types of stories I'm just saying I'm into that kind of stuff. Lately, I've been wanting to branch into writing original fiction again. I have a novel that I worked on for an entire year and I was really shocked at how well I could write original fiction. That was before I joined Mibba though. I hate to say it but in my own personal opinion, ever since I joined Mibba, my writing has changed.

I started writing fan fiction instead and like....there's a certain style and expectation when it comes to fan fiction on here I think. I wouldn't say that I feel like I'm limited as to what I can write, because I write what I want and don't get ridiculed for it, however....I just feel like...I'm rushing myself to put out updates faster on here for you guys as opposed to taking my time and not having a certain set deadline.

I went out today and purchased a lap top through Rent A Center because I have a desktop at home, but my man gets sad because I'm all the way across the room lol. He wants me right in bed next to him while he plays his Xbox. It's sweet in a way because he always wants me close and I love that about him, I just am addicted to writing. I have all these ideas that constantly race through my mind and I just have to write them all out or I will literally flip out and go insane I think.

So the laptop will allow me to sit next to my sweet and sexy husband while I write stories. Also when he and I are out at events where he is hanging out with his friends and I'm just chillin bored as fuck....I can whip out the old lap top and write away! It was really adorable how he went into Rent A Center and he was the one who even suggested getting a lap top so that I can write whenever. He's really supportive of me and my writing because he knows that it's my addiction. My stress reliever.

Hahaha also he got the computer for himself too because he likes playing computer games and such, but I know he thought of me the most because when we were at Rent A Center, all he could do while looking at the computers was to see if they had the notepad feature because that is what I use to type all my stories up on.

So far I've still been on my desk top updating my stories lmao. He is tinkering with all the new windows 8 features and everything. Men can be so easily amused. It's nice though sometimes because I am free to write!

Also, I'm not saying Mibba has changed my writing for the worst or anything, because it hasn't. Mibba has actually improved my writing A LOT. I now can write stories with decent sentence placement and grammar. My form is far better than it used to be and even the way I detail things has improved. I will always have a special appreciation for Mibba in my heart for what it has done for me.

Thanks to anyone who has given me constructive advice and commented my stories. It really has meant the world to me. I want to start writing original fiction again now that I have a better knowledge of decent writing and easier access to a device so that I can type it all out. I really want to be a writer who makes it one day and has something published. Mibba has provided me the practice and help I need to start that journey.

If any of you have any original fictions that fit the genre I listed at the beginning of this blog, please recommend them to me. I like stories that contain........kidnapping, mafia stories, gangs, murder, vampires, sex and really graphic smut, rape, jealousy, and dramatic romances. So send me your story links because I really want to read some original fiction right now. I will leave comments and recommendations.
June 2nd, 2013 at 05:34am