Changes Ahoy!

Within the next week or so, my parents will be filing for divorce. It's not much of a surprise with all the fighting and stuff going on. I've expected it for almost two years now, but finally, the divorce will be for real. None of this "my parents are separated" business anymore.

I'll be living with my dad for a year or maybe longer, depending on how my senior year goes, which college I'll get into, and the car situation. Which will be the best situation for me at the moment.

My mother intends to move out and take my brother with her. I'm not sure where she's going to so I'll have her situation to take into consideration when I graduate if I'm not on my own or with my dad.

Other things that I'll have to do/take care of in this upcoming year: getting my driver's license, my English AP class, my make up Algebra 2 class, and taking my ACT in July.

I'm actually quite nervous about driving now that I think about it. My mom has been actually quite pushy about me getting my license, and I do want to have it, but the fact that I'm in control of a machine that could possibly hurt someone besides the operator bothers me a little.

This year has a different feel to it to me and I'm not sure that I like it, but I'm really hoping things will go pretty smoothly this year.

On a side note, my nervous nail biting habit has came back with a vengeance and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it.

A couple of questions for anyone who'd like to answer because I'm genuinely curious:
Do you have any advice for me as a soon-to-be senior that might help me out in any way?
Any habits you'd like to get rid of?
How do you feel about driving?
Any advice you'd like to give me on any of the situations I've listed?
June 2nd, 2013 at 01:37pm