Why does everyone hate mibba?

Um, OK, so this is something I've been noticing for a while now and it's really confusing.

Other websites that I go on to get my daily fix of Fanfiction all seem to dislike mibba. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but I just feel as if mibba has a bad reputation.

I found mibba a few years ago and the got sucked into the black hole that is Fanfiction. I was too nervous to join for months, but I finally did and started posting my own stories online because writing is something i've done for as long as I can remember.

To my surprise people actually read my stuff and then I got talking to other members and now this site is pretty much my life. I've never had a bad experience on Mibba, not once.

I got more and more into Fanfiction and started looking on other websites and reading stuff there too, because there was only a certain amount of Frerards out there on Mibba.

I found that a lot of websites like tumblr and live journal didn't seem to like Mibba and it really confused me. I remember reading one comment on tumblr about a user reading a story on Mibba but not expecting much from it simply because it was on Mibba.

On Twitter, I follow an account called 'bad mcr fics' because that shit is hilarious. But then someone asked where this girl found most of these fics from and she said they were from Mibba.

Again. My poor brain is confuzzled.

I mean sure, I've read some pretty horrendous frerards when I was just starting out with the whole Fanfiction thing, but once I got to to know who was a good writer and who wasn't, I knew which stories to read.

I don't mean to sound rude, but tumblr and live journal seem a little snobby to Mibba and I just don't get why. Don't get me wrong, some of fics I've read on those sites are some of my favourites and some of the best i'll ever read. The unholy verse, for instance, is hands down one of my favourites ever and it's on live journal. I have no problem with going to other sites to feed my addiction, but mibba kind of feels like my home.

Maybe it's just me, but I've seen quite a bit of negative stuff about Mibba on other sites.
June 2nd, 2013 at 11:57pm