Dating for the Introvert.

So when it comes to dating, I am completely hopeless.

I like to be alone, I like to be left alone, and in all honesty I hate pushy people. My mother says I'm and introvert or whatever the heck that is. So because I really dont care for people I just don't date.

Simple right?

Yeah well I do get lonely, and there are few people out there that I do like, like enough to spend most of my time with them. Ive met like... 3? So because all the people around where I live are basically annoying to me. They like to bother me, they get my number and constantly text and text and text and then when i dont reply they get super angry at me. Well i'm sorry but I have better things to do than reply to your one word texts.

I seriously dont want to have a converstation like this, every 2 hours that you text me :

Him: Hey
Me: Sup
Him: Not much
Me: Cool.

EVERY TWO HOURS!

It's the same thing, and trust me when I say that is really annoying. Or when I actually feel talkative I write this long ass paragraph, giving them at least 3 conversation starters and then they are like, thats cool, or lol.

So because of the annoying people around here I decided to try something that I have never tried before. dating sites.

I went to OKCupid.com, and at first it wasnt too bad, (Honestly it reminds me a lot of Meetme.) But there were more guys closer to my age, and they werent downright perves. (that I knew of yet.) A few ones caught my eye, and then I tried the one thing Im not used to doing. I tried to be nice, tried to actually start up a conversation and keep it going. But honestly they were all so boring. And pushy.

One thing i hate more than anything else in the world is when a guy doesnt give me distance. Im not looking for anything, Im looking for someone I wont absolutely hate. Whether that be a friend, or a boyfriend. But most likely its going to be a guy that I find as a friend first. These guy's first downfall: They arent looking for friends, they are looking to have a girlfriend.

So pretty much, I have all these guys messaging me, one goes as far as to basically beg me to get on Skype and to talk to him on there although I dont really want too. He's nice, I really don't know what he looks like because his picture on the website pretty much sucks, but he does have a wicked sense of humor. We have only chatted to each other for pretty much a day, and already he has asked me to come hang out with him, to get on skype and video chat. He was very demanding. Then he proceeded in getting my number and sending me pictures of him and telling me about how his mom is disabled and then wanting pictures of me. (Not any that I have posted on the website). Although im not fond of sending pictures through text messages I found some decent ones of me (neck up) and sent them to him and then he proceeded to send me pictures of him, along with one of them being him and his mother. Maybe I'm crazy but it felt like I was starting to get pressured. After that I didnt really say anything else, (other than I liked his dog) and then when he finally texted me saying "You didnt say anything should I be worried?" I knew.

He wasnt going to even try to be my friend, he was going to skip past all those steps it takes to enter into a relationship and jump right into it if he could, (Maybe thats why he has had such shitty luck?) So instantly he got friend zoned by me and I had to tell him that I didnt find him physically attractive at all, but i loved his sense of humor. After that he blocked me from skype, blocked my number and never reached me again. But the whole thing is this, if he would have given me a couple months, and not just tried to rush into something more than friends within two days then maybe he would have had a chance.

Then there was another guy who caught my eye, he is shy, he doesnt text that often and actually he is pretty fun to talk to. i did get his number, we text a couple times a day. Just doing that whole friend thing first. He probably thinks its more. Boys these days.

And then there is the latest. Some forensic scientist that thought i seemed interesting. First things first. He messages me, then proceeds to ask me questions (Im guessing they were his deal breaker questions) I guess I passed all those questions because the moment when I finally decide to check out his profile the boy is chatting to me on the chat messenger thing on the website, he doesnt understand why I'm reading his profile and then he wants my facebook. I give it to him, because really my facebook is open to anyoe who really wants to be my friend on there , (btw, www.facebook.com/snowlynna) And then he adds me and not even 10 minutes later he has my skype and wants to video chat. So i accept his call and guess what we do. He just sits there and stares at me for like 5 minutes, until finally I say this is awkward and end the call. After that I tell him im too busy to talk and have to basically make it to where i dont read his messages on facebook and put my do not disturb icon on, on my skype.

So I guess the whole moral and point to this long ass blog entry is this.

Fuck dating.
June 3rd, 2013 at 04:59am