Paris Jackson

I have no idea why the press is making such a big deal over what happened with Paris Jackson. Okay, she was rushed to the hospital; she is fine now. I don't know who told the press she cut herself, but I know I wouldn't broadcast on international television. Don't get me wrong about what I'm about to say, I don't mean to trivialize self-harm or suicide attempts. It was just a cut. We don't need to have a million and one people psychoanalyzing her. Self-harm is very real. Self-harm is an addiction. Suicide is real and very serious. Paris needs help, not to be covered in the press. Quite frankly self-harm and/or past suicide attempts are something that many find themselves, myself included, ashamed of. Her family is being dragged through a court case and her custody is still not really stable. Being a minor limits your power in a court. Often a minor's opinion is ignored or not even heard in the first place since it is seen as coming from an incompetent person. The bottom line is that Paris Jackson deserves the confidentiality we all are afforded because of them embarrassing nature of these issues. All that needed to be said was that she was rushed to the hospital but is safe now. Maybe not even that.
June 6th, 2013 at 04:30am