I'm Not Saying Goodbye. Not Yet.

Today was the second time my dad almost died.

He is a type one diabetic. He needs to take insulin all the time. Lately, our family has been having financial problems.. I don't think that he has been taking insulin daily. Possibly because he hasn't had any. Two days ago he got sent home from work because he was too sick. Then the next day was the same story. Today, he just didn't even try to go in.

I got a text from my mom saying she was on her way to the hospital. He had gone into diabetic shock. If anyone knows anything about Diabetes, your numbers are really not supposed to be past 150. (I believe( at least for my dad.))

His were over 1000. We don't know how high they were because the hospital's monitor only goes up to 1000.

I have been told that he is having trouble breathing, his brain is swelled, and other things. It's not good.

--------------

After recently going to the hospital after a very worried call, he is not okay. I saw him and he was gray. Literally gray. When we first got here, they talked about putting in a breathing tube. After another x-ray, they found pneumonia. That meant that putting in a breathing tube may result in death.

After a while that became less of a possibility.

He has a central IV sort of thing that goes through his neck down to his chest. He is sedated at the moment and will hopefully be better off right now.

Everything is blending together. I don't even know what is going on. I'm keeping people sane right now. And I don't know how sane I am. Gah. I don't want to talk to people outside of my family about this. I don't want sympathy. I told one of my friends because I can't not tell everyone. Yet, I don't want to be bombarded by everyone. It's currently 12:52am. I don't think i'll be sleeping anytime soon.

I just.. I'm being so optimistic on the outside. But inside I'm a train wreck.
June 6th, 2013 at 06:47am