Shut Up, I'm Peter Pan (The Not-Perks of Being A Soon-to-Be Grown-Up)

So this may just be me being sentimental, but if it were up to me I honestly want to just remain a child forever. I want the world to look big again. I want my main concerns to just be bruised knees or broken toys. I want heartaches to just be bad-tempered playmates or when my parents refuse to buy me that glittery thing at the mall. but that ain't happening anytime soon, I know that, but it still bugs me (yes, things like these bug me, okay? Okay.).

What really scares me is that this adult thing gave me a feeling that I don't think I can ever shake off. I've long known the world sucks, but once you're hurled into the world of The Mature People, the pressure to be responsible can be so in-your-face and overwhelming.

So, my lovely dear thumbsucker, to share my nasty feels of being a grown-up(?), here's some grueling things one should expect in the adult world:

1. there are lame things you have to do. working, for example. getting a job is hard enough. or if you're in college, doing a research paper, a.k.a. hardcore versions of the essay you did on your high school days, except that this time you have to get the facts right. lame activites are a must to get certain things accomplished, unfortunately. don't start with me on the just enjoy what you do thing. sometimes you can't do that, even if you try. sometimes you hate where you begin. patience is the key, baby.

2. people will actually blame you. sure, as a kid you broke a vase once, and were faulted for it, but that kind of thing cannot be compared to when you break something in your adult years. like the law, i mean. and you know the worst part? you actually have to pay. yes, pay, because as an adult you must take responsibility for your actions.

3. nobody will be there to spoon-feed you. okay, so maybe there will still be role models or teachers or those you consider to be your betters in your life, but i highly suggest that you don't stand on their shoulders. you may most likely fall, or they may even flick you away. learn to stand on your own. and make sure you have a firm ground, as many will question it, or will even place a banana peel at your way when you aren't looking.

4. and speaking of which, expect some competition. personally i dislike being involved with such, as competition only breeds negative feelings in me. inadequacy, contempt and jealousy are only some of those, and perhaps you also feel the same way (or not). anyway, either way it's okay. just do what you do with the best of your ability. i think that's the best advice i can bless you with, because it honestly works. i've seen it happen, believe me. amongst my friends, i mean, because unlike them i'm lazier than a peanut goddarn butter but that trick has worked on me too, whenever i find the energy to do my best, that is. and yes, my previous simile might just be one of the laziest ones of all time.

5. you're expected to have opinions. for everything. just remember: it'S OKAY TO NOT HAVE ONE OR TO CHANGE YOUR MIND.

6. and lastly, the folks you're with are trying to be better people, just like you. most of them, at least. being in a playground, it's the same thing, except that the people you're with probably knows high-falutin words now. it'll be much more difficult if you purposely isolate yourself. be nice. humans are flawed, and let me assure you, everyone is working on that.

I know I'm just 17 and there are countless more things I didn't put here and these are all very obvious and I apologize for being cryptic and vague sometimes but I did this in a rush with weird emotions stirring inside me, but anyway I hoped I serve as warning and you can give me some helpful advice if you feel me, you know...sooo may ya'll have a nice day. (:
June 6th, 2013 at 10:37pm