I slapped one of my BF's on Graduation day

Today was the last day of school. The day where my high school life should've ended. But because I failed two classes, I didn't graduate. My senior year isn't finished, and so, while all my friends cheered because it was over and because they were going to College. I sulked. I was angry, like really angry. Yesterday, I spent all day mopping around imagining what today would be like. I couldn't expect I'd do... what I did.

Again, I was angry. Me and two friends were having a conversation, I don't know what B. said but I responded with a heated remark. B. asked L. what was wrong with me, why wasn't I happy, and, L. told her why. She said all of them had graduated but me. And she smiled.

I slapped her across the face.

I knew what she said was the truth, it wasn't her fault. I'm in this situation because of me and some other things not worth mentioning... but the way L. said it... it was just like she was mocking me, saying she was smarter, better than me. No one likes that, especially if you're already having a hard time accepting your fate. What made it worst, was that she's one of my best friends.

L. slapped me right back, though.

Our Bio teacher was still around and saw it, she began scolding us, next thing I knew, I was out the door. I started crying because it was just too much to take and ended up being consoled by two other friends. Not much after, L. came to our side and she plainly ignored me. Now, I'm a really proud person but I also know when I did something wrong, that, and I really like my friend so I said I was sorry. She said not to worry about it, still, I feel guilty. Long story short, now I'm thinking back to the three years we've spent together and I honestly think she deserved it. She set me off today but the past three years she's done and said some things I sawllowed so we wouldn't fight. She has never said 'sorry' for any of it, or said she felt bad. Even after realizing this, I feel bad for having done it.

Am I really a bad friend for slapping her?
June 7th, 2013 at 06:41pm