My Grandma Sent My Birthday Presents Early (Happy birthday to me!)

My birthday is in 9 days but I got some of my presents today.

So since my grandma lives out of state, she always sends me my presents pretty early and I get to open them first thing, before any others (seriously, nobody else has even asked me what I wanted since like... April).

Well, I love my grandma dearly, but she perpetually seems to think I'm a four year old even now, when I'm becoming an adult. And it's not just me, she does it to my father, too (she is my father's mother). When I was ten she sent him a nerf football for christmas. I am not even joking right now. she sent a thirty-two year old man a nerf football. Just when I was fifteen, she sent him a Transformers T-shirt for his birthday. I really don't know...

Here's what she sent me this year:

A huge minted coin with a chinese dragon on it (during the time I was four to about when I was eight or nine, I was obsessed with both weird coins and dragons along with horses/ponies, but that's besides the point.)

A bracelet (since I can remember my grandma has always sent me girly things like lip-gloss and nail polish and earrings and bracelets and different trinkets. Even when I was going through my tomboy phase or even my just down right butch phase, she's always sent me girly thing that I never use because I'm not really one for accessories, despite the fact that I like to dress pretty.)

Two tanktops that are about four sizes too big for me (I'm hoping that they'll shrink in the wash but c'mon. It's not like I got this skinny recently. I've been like this since i was born and yet my grandmother is constantly getting me close that are too big, even now when I can't grow into them.)

A Taco Bell gift card. (I am not even joking about this one. A fucking Taco Bell giftcard. Because I've expressed such an ardor for Taco Bell up until this point that I really just... Sigh... I don't even know.)

$20 (I don't really have anything to complain about here. She already sent enough that the twenty dollars wasn't necessary. I appreciate it, though).

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm grateful for all the gifts she sends me. I really truly appreciate it. It just amazes me every year what she sends. Sometimes I really get a laugh out of it, sometimes I'm just like "Grandma, why?" I love her gifts, they're quirky and unique and different from anything else I usually get on my birthday. I just... I wish I knew what was going through her head sometimes when she picks these things out.

All I can say is thanks for the presents, Grandma. Sorry we can't see each other on my birthday.
June 9th, 2013 at 12:50am