Who are you? Really?

I have never been able to stop asking myself questions. In fact, I believe that growth comes from the desire to challenge the present,in other words,question the status quo.
So, good life is defined by growth and growth comes from actions directly triggered by questions.
Most of us don't care how, we just want to get better, forgetting that the future is a goal that's tied to whatever equation we derive of the past and present.
What we thought was life at one point, becomes a joke so fast. But that joke, that we smile and laugh at today, would become tears if we don't ask the questions we should. Fact.
To question is a start, but while its not the action, it, on its own, is a critical action.
Change is constant, keeping up is key and succes isn't guaranteed.But telling ourselves the truth is as hard as it gets.
Every mum is the best, every wife is the prettiest and every mirror confirms we are good looking.
Damn, those deceptive mirrors.
Our ability to see things the way they are and not how we'd like them to be is the same one that leads us off the path of self deception.
We crave friendship but more often than not, the only problem it solves is that of company. Hatred, however, is what holds the ability to bring about the best in us.
Now, don't go looking for hate, but we all have people who don't really fancy us. Here's what sets individuals apart; some will pick up the opinions and aim to repair them, while others will just decide "oh well,its probably not true because she hates me anyway".
Truth is, except your name is God, there's something we can all improve on. This also means that contrary to general belief, nobody out there is perfect. And yes, speaking of perfection, its not a destination, its a moving target whose true meaning lies not in our ability to hit it but the ability to keep up through its turbulent journey.
So, maybe if we just take very little time to question who we are,who we were and who we want to be, we'd be able to figure out how to be it.

Perfection is not a goal, its an endless journey.
June 9th, 2013 at 05:23pm