Mibba is a bad site?

I read a blog the other day about seeing some negative comments about mibba. I'm very sorry, I have no idea who wrote it. If it was you let me know and I will link it here or something. But anyway, that gave me some inspiration to talk about my "posting" sites. When I first started to read fan fiction, I was pretty naive, I have to admit. So I got into Waycest.. and I kinda liked it, but it was weird? And so I delved into the fandom further - I knew frerard existed, I'd just never thought to read it - and found a list of Frerard fan fiction to read.

It was fair to say I devoured them fast, reading "A Splitting Of The Mind" first and ending with some other kind of smutty fic. It was quite an amazing experience and lasted the whole summer of 2010. I didn't associate Frerard with MCR. It was just Gerard and Frank - no band, no wives. And I loved it. But then I tried to get back into Waycest and I still to this day cannot read it without throwing up.

So, I remembered reading "First Of The Gang To Die" on Ficwad, and I thought that maybe I should start to post there. I did, writing a few small things. And then I got lots of very, very, kind, feedback. Then I started to write bigger things, and I was advised to move to Mibba. I'd read stories on here before, so I kind of knew how to work it, but I was still pretty nervous.

And then through things like Twitter (On which my username is 2gayways - I can't believe some of you didn't know that!), I got a lot of views and comments here on mibba. The more I wrote, the nicer the comments got, the more people I had messaging me to co-write or just really sweet.

And so I began to post everything here, loving the ease of use, the commenting system, the layouts and everything you could ever need. And I can happily say, it's my favourite site to post on. I tried to use LiveJournal, and I just had no idea how to work it.

And then I tried to use Wattpad, and it wasn't even nearly as effective as mibba. I always return to mibba and I think I always will. It's the best site ever, and before you really use it and get stuck into the posting process you'll never fully appreciate it.
June 9th, 2013 at 08:59pm