Birthday.

Hey there...
This is my first journal entry here on Mibba, and I guess I've decided to make it (-gasp-) important and dramatic.
As some of you might know, it's my birthday tomorrow. Most of you think I'm 15 going on 16 this year... but here's the thing.

I'm not 15 years old. I'm 12, turning 13 tomorrow.
I've been thinking about telling you guys this a while ago... and what better day to do it than my birthday?

You see, when I first joined Mibba, I was afraid that it would be like any other community – harsh, un-accepting. Judgmental, full of prejudiced pricks. I thought I'd treat it like any other community – join there for a couple weeks, get bored of it. Leave.
So, I decided it would be better if I joined as a 15 year old. Add on a couple of years, give myself a veneer of experience and sophistication. I didn't want to be viewed as one of the 'young' people, one of the n00bs. Besides, I wasn't sure of under-13's could even join. I was shallow and self-conscious, yes.

A few weeks after I joined, I knew it was a stupid idea. I love it here at Mibba. All you people on the forums are great, I've met amazing people that I can talk to for hours on end. I thought I could go on as a 15 year old – but it's not me. I'm 12. (Well, 13 tomorrow), and I'm whoever I want to be. I realize now that I shouldn't compromise who I am, or how I act, or how old I am. I've gone through so much and realized so much about myself that I don't think I ever would've been able to do elsewhere.

I hope you guys don't feel cheated, or lied to. I know, I was pathetic and pretended I was 3 years older than I actually was. This is who I am though – this girl that you've been talking to all along. That's me. I'm not hiding anything else from you (I swear) and if you don't know me... well, I'd love to get to know you.

Well, anyway, this is what I look like. I'm12 13, I do live in Hong Kong. My real name's not Kayla, but you don't need to know it anyway.

I hope you guys won't judge me differently, or see me in a different light after this – please, judge me by the way I act, by the way I think. Not how old I am.

Well... that's it I guess. Mods – sorry if I broke any rules. I don't think I did.. but I swear I'm not 8 years old or anything. 8)

Also, my age thingy in my profile is blank. Just treat me the way you used to... I don't want to cause a scene or anything. It just didn't feel right anymore.
September 4th, 2007 at 07:30pm