Vampire Diaries Season One Rant

Image

Grrrr! So, I'm way behind everyone on the face of the earth in The Vampire Diaries, because I started watching it when it first came out and then ended up taking a break from it for some reason. I'm at the very end of episode 17 of season one. And just....

Image

I was always kind of biased towards hating Elena because I really REALLY hated Nina Dobrev's character in Degrassi and she's not exactly a character actor. But I was starting to hate her less... sort of... I was giving her a chance anyway and then THIS episode, is really testing me...

Image

(SPOILER ALERT: This entire blog will be made of spoilers.)

First they get Stefan back and Elena's all like, "Don't die on me boooo!" And I'm sitting here like, "Bitch, just let him drink your life blood. You have the fucking skills to save him." (BTW we're not even discussing the fact that she even showed up to help Damon in the first place, after he CLEARLY said she would just be in the way. Made me think of this little scene....

Image No seriously, Elena and Rose. You actually ARE fucking stupid, get your shit together. Jack would be alive if Rose... oh nevermind...)

So FINALLY she lets him drink from her and he growls at her when his killing the bad vampire guy and she's all like. "WAHHH HE WAS MEAN TO ME!" Okay, I can't find a GIF for it, but do you know how many times Angel has been "mean" to Buffy? I remember one scene in particular where he grabs her to show he is in fact evil, and I swear Elena would have shit herself.

Then they're back at Stefan's place and she's all like, let me whine about my whiny annoying feelings. "Cause I've never seen you like that?!?" Well, guess what honey bunches of oats, he's a FUCKING VAMPIRE.... SMH.

They found Vickys body, everyone's sad. My dear sweet Caroline is trying to comfort Matt and he brushes her off and says he needs to be alone. Which okay, I can sort of understand that. But THEN FUCKING ELENA shows up and he runs to her and hugs her while balling his eyes out.... My reaction:

Image

Image

Image

Caroline, god bless her little heart, is already insecure about your relationship because she KNOWS you're still pussy whipped by Elena, because apparently she farts rainbows, and now you're gonna pull this shit in front of her? REALLY?

Image

I can't even. My sweet little love poodle already feels inferior to Elena, which she SHOULDN'T. Like seriously, I can relate to Caroline more than anyone else in any show ever... well maybe not ever.. Image

...but still! And it's funny, because she's a real biotch in the books, but in the show she's a sweetheart!

Anyway, I need to go force myself to bare witness to the rest of this episode.

Image
June 17th, 2013 at 05:12am