Display name change, new stories and COALG.

Wow, so it's been a really long time since I've written anything on this site. My apologies for that. I got a PS3 earlier in the year and have been playing a lot of video games; if you'd like my Playstation Network ID, send me a message and I'll give it to you. I've also been getting more shifts at Target lately, many of which have been quite long. (I opened at 8 AM this morning and wasn't done until 4 in the afternoon today.) Another reason for my absensce is that I have had NO inspiration for my Cap fanfic whatsoever. Ya know how I said I'd start Chapter 3? That never happened due to laziness and then loss of interest, although the sole comment was also a little discouraging.

But fear not, because I am finally returning to Mibba. With my return will come a new display name, because I believe it's time to move on from Zacky Vengeance and the Avenged Sevenfold fanbase. Don't worry, I'm still an Avenged Sevenfold fan and you can still call me JV. Hell, I'd love if you still called me JV. But, I haven't been as into the band and fanbase for over a year and I'm more than ready for a change. I will be using my favorite DC superhero's alias as my display name; Red Robin. If you don't know (and many of you probably don't), Red Robin is the grown up version of the third Robin, Timothy Drake.

He was an amazing character prior to DC's 2011 relaunch (Do not get me started on New 52 Red Robin...just don't); he defeated Ra's ah Ghul by himself. He also figured out that Bruce Wayne was Batman when he was ten years old. If you have the money and you're into comics, I hignly reccommend that you buy the 2009 run of the character. Needless to say, the comics are out of print (you can order the collected editions off Amazon), but you can buy electronic versions of the single issues off the DC website.

To go along with the display name change, I will be posting some stories with Red Robin as the lead character and an original female character as his love interest. Similar to Jetta from Children of a Lesser God, this female character is based off a roleplay that me and a very close friend of mine (who plays Tim) are on doing on Tumblr. It takes place is an alternate comic universe in which Jim Gordon was killed and the OFC's father took his place as Commissioner. Don't worry, said friend gave me permission to post the story for this alternate Universe on my Mibba, and I will do that in a seperate blog shortly. The first story, which is a (quite lengthy) one-shot that is purely romance, should be up within a few days. Depending on when I actually finsh it.

The other stories...I'm not quite sure about yet. I really want to do a full-length fanfic featuring them, but I think I want to get further in their roleplay storyline first. (Which means I really need to get off my lazy ass and reply). I kind of want to do a two-shot with Nightwing in it, but I may hold that off until the full length. I'm really not sure. The only thing I do know is that Red Robin needs more love on this site. Me and my friend really love this pairing, so I hope you guys will appreciate it and come to enjoy it, as well.

Finally, Children of a Lesser God. I actually really want to get to work on this again; I really love SteveJetta as a pairing and have so many great ideas for this story. The problem? Lack of interest. I got one comment on the first chapter of the reboot and NONE on the second chapter. If enough people are interested, I will start that story up again. But nothing changes and no one is interested, then I'm not going to waste my time on it. I have more important things to do than waste time on a story that people aren't interested in.

Wow, this blog got longer than I was expecting it to. But, I believe that is all for right now. Look for that Red Robin oneshot in a few days. I'll see everyone very soon.
xo, JV.
June 17th, 2013 at 06:05am