If you don't know what the worst state government in the U.S is, I'll tell you right here.

It's Arizona.

Over the past few years, especially when high school started, I joined tumblr and started following a lot of blogs that were obsessed with bands like The Maine. The Maine, as well as a lot of other bands, are from Arizona. Therefore, the fans just suddenly love Arizona because of the music and they all wanted to come here and I even got a few asks asking me how amazing Arizona is.

The only amazing thing about Arizona is the scenery. Our government, on the other hand, is the worst thing I have ever seen.

Let me give you three reasons why:
1. Racism
2. Conservatism on women's health
3. Conservatism in general

A few years ago, when I was a freshman in high school, our government passed a bill called SB 1070. It's an immigration bill. Being a state that borders Mexico, our largest minority population is hispanics and we have had a problem with illegal immigrants since the beginning of time. SB 1070 required racial profiling to any Hispanic that a police officer comes across. They were required to carry their documents saying that they were citizens of the US, and if they didn't and were caught without it, they could go to jail. For no reason. SB 1070 is considered one of the harshest anti-immigration laws in U.S history. In fact, I think the Obama administration took us to the Supreme Court over this. Not to mention that Maricopa Country sheriff (my county -_-) Joe Arpaio was recently taken to court over his racial profiling. The court ruled that it was unlawful and he was ordered to stop. I hate Joe Arpaio, btw. His office is right next to the DMV (literally) and I drove by it once and I had for force myself to not drive my car through the building. He is one of the most openly racist people I have ever seen and he's never condemned for it. In fact, most Arizonans are completely okay with it.

Onto my next point, literally five minutes ago, I received an email from someone working under the Obama administration telling me that a bill (made by a Republican Arizona congressman, go figure) was passed through Congress about banning abortions after 20 weeks (which goes against Roe v Wade). Now, I don't know about you, but when it comes to anything at all about women, I get angry. Not mention the fact that I'm pro-choice. I believe that women have the right to decide what they want and the government shouldn't have anything to do with it. It's her choice between herself or her husband/baby daddy or whatever higher power she believes in. Arizona Republicans don't seem to agree with me on that, for some reason I will never understand. And also, a few years ago, Arizona legislature passed a bill that required women to tell their employers (in a job interview or if they're ever asked) why she is using birth control. IT'S BECAUSE I'M HAVING ALL THE SEX IN THE WORLD, OK. WANNA DO IT RIGHT NOW? No but seriously, that pissed me off the most. AND AND AND, a woman wrote the bill. Now I'm pretty sure that bill was scrapped, but I'm still pissed about it.

I hate conservatism. I'm a very liberal person and the fact that Arizona is almost as red as Texas and I have lived here my entire life makes me angry. But Democrats do exist in this state, thank God. In the last election, there was a guy who ran for the Senate called Jeff Flake and in all of his commercials, he used his conservatism as the made focus. He said things like "I'm one of the most conservative people in the state. I'm a member of the conservative party..." People like Jeff Flake, and the woman who wrote that employee/birth control bill, and Sheriff Joe Arpaio, and the guy who wrote the abortion bill, all hail from Arizona. These people are as conservative as it gets and it's the reason why the U.S itself can't pass things like gun control and can't fucking agree on healthcare.

One nice thing about it is that Governor Jan Brewer (whom I used hate as much as Joe Arpaio) actually supports Obamacare and even signed that bill to expand Medicaid or whatever that was. She even vetoed any laws that ended on her desk if the rest of the Arizona legislature didn't support it and my face the entire time was like :O because it was unexpected.

I know this whole blog is about my opinion, because politics is entirely about opinions, but if you're a Democrat or at all close to it, I would hope this makes you just as angry as me. We're taking five million steps back from things like the Civil Rights Movement. And although, granted the Civil Rights Movement was mostly about African American rights (and some about women), you'd think it would extend to all races. Roe v Wade (the Supreme court case that legalized abortions) is continuously questioned and thrown around in this state because people believe that a woman having an abortion affects their life somehow.

THIS PLANET IS OVER FUCKING POPULATED, ALRIGHT? WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE PEOPLE LIVING ON HERE SO IF A WOMAN WANTS TO GET AN ABORTION, THAT'S ONE LESS PERSON TO SPEED UP THE EXPLOITING OF RESOURCES.

Hopefully, things will get better. I doubt it, but apparently in the last election, Arizona was almost a purple state. So, that gives me hope. Sorta.
June 19th, 2013 at 05:28am