I really need some relationship advice on something that's been going on for a while now :/

So, I don't normally ask for relationship advice. Ever. Mainly because I'm not exactly popular amongst the guys at my school.

But I have this 'problem' that's been going on on for around for a month or so now.

OK....well, one of my best friends, Lucy, used to go out with one of my other friends, Luke. It didn't last very long and Luke dumped her. I don't know what happened because I wasn't very good friends with Lucy back then and I didn't really know her like I do now.

I'd just like to point out it was a long time ago since they went out.

Since I first met Luke, I've always kind of liked him. Oh screw that, I've always really been head over heels for him. We've never been anything more than friends, even though I've always had a thing for him. A huge, heart consuming, mind blowing thing for him. I'm also aware of how cheesy that just sounded.

A while ago people started dropping hints that he liked me, and I dismissed it, because seriously; who the fuck in their right mind would like me? But it's gotten to the point where practically everyone is convinced he likes me and even his best friend has told me.

I've been denying it since people started telling me that Luke liked me, but I can't anymore, because it's kind of obvious. He's been talking to me a lot more than usual and he's being more touchy-feely than he normally is too, and everyone is telling me he likes me.

I know this doesn't definitely mean he does like me in that way and the only way I'll know for sure is if he asks me out, but the signs are kind of clear.

Back to Lucy.

Lucy is completely and utterly obsessed with Luke. It's been about two years since they broke up and she's still hung up on him. That's just the kind of guy Luke is, once you get feelings for him, they don't just go away. I feel awful for Lucy because Luke doesnt even speak to her anymore. Not because of a bad breakup, they just sort of stopped speaking afterwards.

I like Luke just as much as Lucy does and it's absolutely tearing me up inside knowing that me and Luke both like each other. Lucy is one of my friends and I'd never want to upset her. She's one of the sweetest, friendliest people I know and I adore her. She's just one of those people you can't help but like.

I know I sound like a whiny bitch, but what do I do? Luke is one of my really good friends and I've liked him more than a friend since I first got to know him. I've been trying to ignore the fact that I want to be more than friends for years and it feels like everything is working out now that he might like me too.

Except for Lucy.

I don't want to hurt her, but I don't want to just keep ignoring my feelings for Luke. She's going to hate me if me and Luke get together - which I'm not saying is going to happen - but I really want to be with him.

I''ll admit that I have a lot of negative traits. I'm manipulative, controlling, possessive, I get jealous far too easily and I'm selfish. But I have always, always, put other people before myself my entire life and for once I really just want to put myself first and give myself what I want, not do what other people want.

But I can't do that without upsetting Lucy. Either way, I'm going to lose a friend.

If I tell Lucy about me and Luke, she's never going to speak to me again.

If I put Lucy first and reject Luke if he asks me out, he's probably going to want nothing to do with me ever again.

I don't know what to do I can't just keep lettting this carry on. What should I do???
June 19th, 2013 at 10:52pm