bert mccracken smells like strawberries | 2004 nostalgia

so today I had a doctor's appointment (nothing major just getting a prescription refill) but of course I was still nervous even though I knew they weren't doing anything to me so I got a really horrible headache and my girlfriend is such a fucking angel and she went with me and yeah.

when I got home my head was still hurting so I ended up laying down and for some reason decided to listen to the Used's first album and completely passed out. Seriously, I haven't slept that hard in a really long time. I ended up having this dream where Bert McCracken got into a car accident in front of my house and I like ran outside and ended up offering him some tea??? So he came inside and we sat down and talked about music and stuff and drank tea and he SMELLED LIKE FRESH STRAWBERRIES. It was so fucking weird.

Then my mom came in my room and woke me up and I was really fucking out of it and ended up thinking that I slept through the entire day and that it was actually Thursday? I guess I was mumbling or something because all she said was "yes lisa you did sleep that long" and I freaked out and it took me like 3 hours to stop feeling like I was in the Twilight Zone.

so naturally I got on tumblr and was looking through The Used tag and that led to YouTube and watching old performance videos (you guys I was fucking obsessed with The Used you have no idea, along with MCR and the whole Gerard/Bert thing that definitely happened) and i made me really nostalgic for that time, I mean seriously. It was so great.

I really like writing these pointless blog things so I might continue. I kept a journal from the age of 10 until my senior year of high school, and I'm kind of remembering why. I'm so fucking excited because PRIDE is this weekend in my town and I will definitely be writing about that.
June 20th, 2013 at 06:20am