your feminism has to be intersectional, or it's worthless.

Intersectionality is the DEFAULT.

If people would actually listen, feminism does not call for or advocate the genocide of all those with an XY chromosome formation or a world dominated by women. It's calling to try and include more women in science, politics, business, and economics. It's trying to stop this mass sexualization of girls before they're even eighteen and sometimes sixteen years old, It's trying to stop airbrushing in magazines - changing the contrast and colour and whatnot is acceptable and often necessary, but taking away inches and lines of the body that are not there is not acceptable. It's trying to make the world a safer place to live in for women.

Being a woman is a constant Catch-22.

But that's not what I'm talking about - I've seen many on Tumblr who are white, cisgendered, straight, heteroseuxal and (often) middle-class feminists. Their blogs are full of ~~misandry~~ in glowing letters and crotchets of vaginas and pictures of "real women" (who are all fat, because slimmer girls naturally aren't real women and are all anorexic bitches) and don't even get me started on their disgust of trans* people.

You are not a feminist if you do not recognize that all women are REAL women.

You are not a feminist if you defend people from "kink-shaming" when their "kinks" are paedophilia and rape.

You are not a feminist if victims of rape are not important to you.

That is not feminism.

It has to include EVERYONE. If people would listen, they'd realize that a lot of feminists want help for men when they are sexually assaulted or raped, and they want the unfair custody laws reformed. All kinds of things.

Feminism must include everyone or it's worthless.
June 20th, 2013 at 03:50pm