So my grandpa is having seizures and it's frustrating my friend?

He's been having them all day and it scares me because during times like this I can't be with him. The last time he had a seizure in front of me I was emotionally numb. My ex tried in every way possible to comfort me and that's when the old man, that brilliant old man, had to be sent to a nursing home because me and my mom couldn't take care of him on our own anymore. It was really hard on me because I owe so much to him, he's my Papa. I'd have been aborted if it wasn't for him (and yet I am still pro-choice).

Basically, my friend is upset because a few weeks ago I had offered to help watch her nieces and, because of the events that are currently taking place, I can no longer go. I mean, it's not really her that's having issues with me, it's actually her mother. I offered to help her and now I can't. What's going to happen, and believe me when I saw it will because it has before, is that she's going to say that I shouldn't have offered to help if I wasn't going to come through.

Yep. That's it in a nutshell.

EXCUSE ME for not being able to help you out because my grandpa is currently sick! I don't even know what to say because I've been getting texts from them asking when I was going to come and how it's upsetting that I'm not there. There is no sympathy at all towards my family and that fact that we could very well lose the person we all owe so much to. I have never loved anyone as much as I have loved my grandpa and I'll be damned if anyone is going to give me shit for wanting to stay home and be kept posted on it all. It's just not right.

Mibba, tell me I'm not wrong?
June 21st, 2013 at 06:30am