Body Positivity Pact

Having positivity is so damn hard, and I will be the first one to tell you that. When you look in the mirror, it's hard not to see all the things you hate first because that's what's at the forefront of your mind, but you know what? I'm determined to change this outlook for women and men alike. We're all built and made a different way for a reason. Everyone in the world has flaws; even the beautiful actresses and models we all seem to idolize. On the contrary to that, everyone has something great about their appearance as well. Maybe you have an adorable nose, beaming eyes, full lips, great hair, or any other amazing quality on the outside. I wish you could all see that you're not only beautiful on the inside, but also gorgeous on the outside.

So, to prove this all to you, I want to start something. I want to start a body positivity pact with people of all gender identities and age groups that helps each other feel better and happier about their body and about themselves in general. I'm tired of all this crap on sites like tumblr that basically glamorizes feeling horrible and wanting to die. That's ridiculous. There's no need to push ourselves to feel poorly. Why would we ever want to do that?!

To change this, I want to start this group of people who helps each other and helps others feel better about themselves because I'm tired of everyone feeling so horribly. I'm tired of everyone feeling like they're ugly and worthless and so many other terrible things; so I'm going to do my best to put a stop to this life damaging view.

Although I'm not sure of the details, I truly want to start a group such as this and get as many people in it as possible so I can help as many people as I can. Who's in?
June 24th, 2013 at 05:00am