Why I Hate Mibba's Comment Swap

Well, well, Mibba's comment swap... We meet again.

As I'm sure just about everyone knows, Mibba has that fancy little comment swap thing, and it's, well, fancy. Some people like it. Some people don't. I'm wishy-washy and a little bit of both. Read on if you want to read Maddi's thoughts galore!

The main reason I use the comment swap is because I like to give out constructive criticism, and it's hard to find people that actually want it. If you go handing it out on random stories on the main page, that's not always what those people are looking for, so they may get angry (or something) because you posted that type of comment on their story.

My thinking is that people who use the swap are actually interested in hearing someone's true thoughts about their story, and for the most part, I'm right. I've had lots of people tell me thank you for my comments and I haven't had a single person get angry at one of my comments. So that's good. The comment swap is great in that aspect. But here's why it sucks. And I mean really sucks.

To be honest, I don't exactly want the comments on my stories. In fact, I use the swap with a bunch of old one-shots just so the comments don't go to anything I'm working on. Wanna know why? The comments I get are the worst. Seriously, just the worst. I think every single one of them is basically the same thing. And they always go a little something like this:

"*Comment Swap*
Not a big one direction fan so I just decided to treat this like a original story and all I can say is that this was adorable. It was so cute and fluffy. I really like *insert character here* and *insert quote*"

It drives me insane. The comment swap rules say that you have to prove you actually read the story, so they always toss in that bit about x character or y quote to feel that quota and the rest is just bullshit (like what I do for school papers).

If they ever break the rules and post blah comments that don't say anything besides "I don't like 1D but..." then I report them, but it just gets so frustrating, and I know I can't be the only one that feels like this.

This has been a rant. I hope you enjoyed.
June 26th, 2013 at 01:08am