KahtarReid and A Huge Life Update

Wow, okay so um. I'm new to this whole blogging on mibba thing, i mean I have one post from like 2 maybe 3 years ago? I dunno, I'll just pretend that this is tumblr and get on with this.

I've decided to write a little bit about this past month of my life because I have a really good friend on here who I have known for the past 3 years almost. We never seem to be online at the same time and when we message each other back and forth one of us gets so busy that we end up not responding or we lose internet connection. Anyway so on to my life in June.

The first week of June was SUPER boring, I mean, there wasn't really anything going on in my life, except I guess it's worth mentioning my school's prom was that week. I didn't go. I didn't have the money, nor a date, nor did I really care to much about a dance. That weekend I also went to the movies and saw the Purge with my friend Jack. No Spoilers. It was a good movie, and i enjoyed the concept of it, but i found it kind of short, and I wish they kinda went more in depth about it. Also the ending was kind of a neutral to me. It wasn't really happy but it wasn't really sad either. Also a lot of the movie is in the trailer. I remember I sat there in the theatre and for a whole scene i was like well shit this was all in the trailer. But I guess that's what happens with movies that are 86 minutes long.

The Second Week of June was fantastic. That weekend June 14th 2013, I met my favourite band! Marianas Trench, at the Filmore in Detroit. I love the Filmore, that was the place I saw Fall Out Boy at the 2nd time in my life, and when i was there to see them, I had met Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. So it was pretty great to be able to meet another band that I love way more than FOB and RJA there too.

It was really awesome, the soundcheck was fun they played i think four songs for the vips there. Acadia, Say Anything, Perfect, and there was another song but I can't remember for the life of me what it was. After the sound check we were lead out to the lobby, where we got in a line to get our pictures taken with the guys, and I got at the back of the line because i had a very specific gift for all of them.

I had this scrapbook that I made, I called it 'Trencher Book' and it was full of letter and pictures and drawings, and such for the guys. All four of them. My sister gave me the idea for it and i put it together with the help of people on tumblr. My original plan for it was i would go to the back of the photo op line, get my pic taken, and then give them the book and not have to worry about anything for the meet and greet.

Then the event people told us to get our picture done then go back to the back of the line. So I was like oh, i guess the meet and greet is just going to be a line. So i didn't give the book to the guys right after my photo. I went back to the end of the line, well near there. Then everyone was told to spread out and the guys would come to us.

This is where i started to freak out because I hate crowds, I am not good with them, they give me anxiety.

So I watch as the guys walk off thinking okay I don't want to give this to josh because he probably gets a bunch of crap all the time maybe ian. Ian was crowded. Same with Mike, and matt had just walked passed me to a group of fans. Josh however, was alone. So it was the perfect time for me to get rid of this book!

I took a deep breath, and i walked over to him. He didn't notice me at first because he was walking over to other fans but I quietly called his name "Josh," to which he turned around and looked at me while saying "Yea." I held out the book. "Um. I wanted to give this to all of you guys after my photo op but, didn't,"
"Oh, that's cool, thanks.. um"
then he started to call out for some security guard or event guy to take the book for him. No one listed to him however So he put it against the wall behind him.
"Yea, its just full of like letters and stuff from.. from fans."

Other fans were coming over now and i could feel my chest closing in on itself while I started to choke and tear up. Josh looked a little concerned but I said good bye and ran away. Yup. I ran away. Then, and this is the best part. I walked around the lobby for a good three to five minutes just trying not to start bawling, and wishing i wasnt alone, and looking to see who was least crowded.

I obviously eventually got to the other guys and told them about the book. They all signed my meet and greet pass. And when I told Ian about the book he said he would read it on the bus after, Mike said the same thing. They both thanked me for giving it to them and they all thought it was cool.

And then Matt.
Ahh the adorable Matt, he had a bunch of fans around him still when i went up to him which was right after i talked to ian. I had told him about the book and i pointed over at josh when i mentioned it. I told him it was bunch of things from a bunch of fans. And he Thanked me for putting it together.

I dont know why but i just really like the fact he acknowledged that I had to put it together. I had to find people who would write letters and send pictures, and then I had to print everything off and stick it in a book. And it was a lot more work than it sounds. I put a lot of ink, glue, and tears into that book.

So yea that's probably the most exciting thing that happened to me this month because the week after that, i had exams. Boriiiing!
I know right?

But just two days ago, I graduated high school, now i dont really feel this is an achievement because im going back for a fifth year. But it was still pretty cool to be there with my friends in our robes and caps. I made a youtube video about my friends, and what they're going of to next year. And I am really very extremely proud of all of them. They're all going to be brilliant at what they do.

And yeah that's basically what happened to me this past month. I guess if anything exciting happens I will make a blog post every two weeks here or something? I dunno we'll see how this goes.
June 29th, 2013 at 08:11am