Just because women* can have children doesn't mean they have to.

So I saw this quote online today:

“I’ve never understood why women, with the best life-purpose on Earth — the creation, raising, and acculturation of their own incarnated immortality, their children — would want to give that up for making widgets in a widget factory, or selling chumps junk they don’t need.”

I'm so, so fucking sick of this. If a guy doesn't want to have kids and focus on his career instead, he get's bloody applauded, told he's determined and headstrong and admirable. Yet when women* make that choice, they're demonized and told they're wrong.

Having children is not our soul purpose in life just because we have vaginas. If someone wants to have kids that's great, but not everyone does. I don't want kids. Stop goddamn shaming me for that. Stop shaming women* for the choices they make for their bodies. Seriously people, you need to stop this deluded sense of entitlement to other peoples’ bodies. Just, stop. Take a step back. Is it affecting you? No? Then. Shut. Up.

I'm tired of people, males especially, deciding what's right for me and other women* to do with our bodies. I'm sick of it and I'll never stop being sick of it until people keep their opinions the hell out of my life. We women* can make our own decisions. Back off.
July 2nd, 2013 at 08:06pm