Does He Like Me or Am I Just Reading the Signs Wrong? An Extended Guide to My NOT-AS Dead Love-Life

So I've liked this guy for a while, a couple months. I'm in high school and we had an English class together. We didn't know each other and for a while I didn't even know his name. I just noticed I caught him looking at me a lot. Eventually, though paying attention, I learned his name. Lets, for privacy reasons, call him Bob. So in that class I only had one friend, a guy friend, who sat next to me. Bob sat about three seats ahead of me in the same column as my guy friend. They didn't know each other either, but often while we were packing up after class he'd come up to him and ask about another class they had together. Like if he had the homework done or was ready for the test. While he talked to him I THOUGHT I saw him glance at me, but that is up for debate, as by this time I was seriously crushing on him.

The semester passed and I only had one class with him, for three days as I had to switch it out. In that time though he said the first sentence he had ever said to me directly, "How are you going to do Math with your laptop?" when I was using my laptop in class. I replied in my best sarcastic voice ,"It has a calculator, you know." and that was it. I am pretty good at hiding the fact I like a guy... too much actually as it can sometimes reflect as... dislike.

After I didn't have class with him, I realized I needed an excuse to see him briefly everyday, so I found one! My well-known BFF went home for lunch, and passed the Math portable where we had our class together. Everyday I went out early to meet her, and (nearly) everyday I watched him pass. Sometimes I even talked to him! Once he asked me if it was raining. I said no. He said, "I just wish I'd rain." and I said, "There was a thunderstorm last night, wasn't there? Look, the pavement is still wet." He just kind of shrugged and walked away. It wasn't much, but I was sated. I also started spending more time in the computer lab during lunch, as he was often in the library. Later, I also started going outside after school, pretending I was getting a ride home while I watched him wait on the school bus to leave. (Almost) every time we were near I caught him looking at me. Sometimes, if I was sitting in the hall and he was chatting with his friends, I often saw him play-fighting, like mini-tackling them. I have no idea if that was just him, like I said, I could be imagining the signs. God, writing this down it makes me sound like a stalker! :O I'm not, just to let you know, I drew a line when it came to missing class to watch him enter his first period classroom. AND I only knew HALF his time table... ...

However, some of my attempts were unflattering. Like on his birthday I messaged him on facebook saying "Happy Birthday! :)" and he said "Thx" and I EVEN happened to sit next to him ALONE in the computer lab for TEN SECONDS! I said, "Hey, Isn't it your birthday today?" he said, "Yeah." and I said, "Well... Happy Birthday."... "Thanks." -.- Not impressed.

So, Am I just dreaming that he likes me? Is he shy? Is he just trying to be friendly? I'm so confused, am I over analyzing? OHWAITONESEC!

I forgot the BEST part!

So on his Facebook he posted 'Add me on SnapChat!" with his username. So, being the stalker I am just now realizing I am, I downloaded the app, made an account, and added him... Then nothing... UNTIL LAST MONDAY!
So for those of you who don't know, last Monday was Canada Day, and I am Canadian. He sent me a picture of the sky with drawn in fireworks entitled, Fireworks. I quickly did the same, drawing little fireworks and saying , "Ottawa fireworks, LOL."... I probably should have come up with something better shouldn't I? He replied with something I could read. It looked like, LOL that heatfan. I said, "What's a heatfan? haha." and he replied with "Soorry". I said, "Happy Canada Day btw." nothing... "You should txt me sometime." I said. Hours passed, "What's ur number? :) " and I gave it to him... NOTHING. So the next day I sent him another SnapChat saying, "SO bored. Do you feel like chatting with me? :)" NOTHING!

I'm totally freaking out if he actually likes me, tonight will be the THIRD night since I gave him my number and I think he either is only looking for a friend, or I've totally turned him off. GAH! Pulling out my hair in frustration and I'm checking my phone every five minutes for a reply...

Even just some words of understanding would be helpful here, people, my friends are about as helpful with this as a teaspoon...
July 4th, 2013 at 06:34am